IAMS protest courtesy of peta

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

IAMS protest courtesy of peta

Postby damienApbt » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:04 pm

outside of the superfresh up the street there were a bunch of peta peeps. they were protesting iams and handing out flyers. too bad no one takes them seriously anymore lol

any way the flyers had some great info on them and i dont know if this site was posted here. it probably was but ill post it again..
www.iamscruelty.com
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby SuperNova » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:16 pm

:crybaby: that's awful !!! How could they do that to those dogs.. :sad: and i have IAMS treats .. im thinking about taking them back and getting something else
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby pocketpit » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:49 pm

I'm sorry but if it comes from PETA I'm not going to believe it or read it. While I believe there is a different side to the story than the one the Iams comany will tell you I CAN'T STAND PETA and I won't support anything that has to do with their propaganda.
pocketpit

Postby SuperNova » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:24 am

pocketpit wrote:I'm sorry but if it comes from PETA I'm not going to believe it or read it. While I believe there is a different side to the story than the one the Iams comany will tell you I CAN'T STAND PETA and I won't support anything that has to do with their propaganda.

Curious.. why? lol i dont know a whole lot about PETA, but the video speaks for itself. . . i mean why would they set that up and torture animals that way just to make a fake video?

I'm confused.
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby pocketpit » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:44 am

I didn't watch the video, like I said if it comes from PETA I won't look at it so I can't tell you anything about the video. I'm not saying they rigged anything. I do not in any way shape or form agree with the die hard PETA folks as their agenda is not to just end animal cruelty. They'd love it if we were not allowed to have pets period. I don't agree with their principles. Most people are well meaning and don't realize what they are supporting. They are just trying to do their part to help animals which is admirable.
pocketpit

Postby SuperNova » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:13 pm

Hmm.. well i dont know a whole lot about PETA and their intentions.. but what i saw in that video. . . well lets just say I'll never watch another PETA video again. :crybaby: so sad.
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby PitbullGirl » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:22 pm

I refuse to even bother myself with looking at anything to do with PETA...PETA and terrorism go hand and hand...document after document proves itI They've been donating to the Taliban for years! Just watch bullshizzle with Penn and Teller...they cracked PETA on one of their shows! Most of the animals they "save" ends up dead, either by PETAs own organization by euthanasia or because they are let loose to run free and are killed.
PETA once let all the chinchillas loose at a show to "save" them. Chins are such delicate creatures that unless born in their native habitat in the wild, they wouldn't last a day free in the world...stress, heat, humidity, inability to find food, sap from chewing on the wrong kind of trees would all kill a chin in less than 24 hours.
Not to mention the VP of PETA is a diabetic and is on medications that were tested on animals...you can't tell me they aren't a bunch of extremist hypocrites.
PitbullGirl

Postby Maximus » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:28 pm

Not to mention that PETA advocates BSL as a "valuable tool in ending the cruelty of dog fighting," as well as automatically humanely euthanizing rescued pit bulls as unadoptable.
Maximus

Postby Fish » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:53 pm

We had some PETA people down here in the South once, we ate them. :twisted:
Fish

Postby pitbulliest » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:47 am

I don't think the point of this post was whether or not we hate PETA, but what IAMS does in its nutritional testing....which is just plain wrong and cruel as we can see...and no, PETA did not make it up considering many humane societies and other animal organizations have been on IAMS back regarding this issue for quite some time now....diss PETA all you want...I definately don't agree with some of their principles/ideas/whatever...but if it weren't for them, alot of us wouldn't even know what's going on......many of you would still probably be feeding your dogs IAMS....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
pitbulliest
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Fish » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:02 pm

I was just kidding we really didn't eat them.
Fish

Return to Health Issues