Barbponys-eaglepack?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Barbponys-eaglepack?

Postby blover27 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:24 am

Have you ever heard of it? I did a search and didnt see it ever mentioned here :dunno: I was discussing diets with a coworker and she told me she has been using it and has noticed good results. She provided me the link....http://www.eaglepack.com

So, as always, your expert opinion is appreciated :bowdown: :)

What do you think?? Thanks

Brad
blover27

Postby barbponys » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:01 am

Eagle has a long history, and falls into the trying to keep up catagory. It's an old style food that has tried to bridge the gap with their holistic formula and fell way short.

Specific reasons why. They use an awful lot of grain including corn 3 different ways which translates to a TON of corn. They also use wheat....spelt, and quinoa are wheat. Rice in two forms..........grain, grain and more grain. I'm not a fan of pork, cooked or otherwise. It's hard for them to digest......period. A true holistic formula shouldn't be using animal fats, it's very hard for them to digest cooked and can aggravate pancreatic issues. If you are dealing with an allergy dog......corn and wheat and rice are a very bad idea. Spending a little extra makes a big difference

It's better than Iams, SD, Nutro etc. but the margins are slim at best. One of the reasons it sticks around is because large breed breeders(Dane's specifically) like it for some reason. It goes through phases and right now it's in an up swing. Going from grocery store to Eagle you will see good results, going from Eagle to Timberwolf, Nature's Variety, Wellness, Canidae etc. you will see great results.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby barbponys » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:04 am

P.S. Thanks for the smile Brad. It's been a very long week.......I loved your emoticons..... :tongue: I appreciate the compliment.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby blover27 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:43 am

aww thats nice but from what you provide this place with your knowledge we should be thanking you with each and every post....thanks :) :thumbsup:
blover27

Return to Health Issues