Young boy needs a home

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Young boy needs a home

Postby barbponys » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:42 pm

My vet clinic just called. They have an 8? month old boy that needs a home. He's in good shape so someone took care of him. I'm thinking of fostering him........I'll talk to Denny tonight, we have the room and he's crate trained. He gets along with other dogs real well, he's unaltered at this point so I will probably have that done........don't really want an unaltered dog. Katie, Dawn, Kirsten, would you be willing to help find a home??

I'm going to take pics of him so you can see him. The discription they gave me was, he's black and white, a white diamond on the back of his neck, white feet and chest. Very sweet.
barbponys
Health Guru

Oh, that's exciting!

Postby Rumpley » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:02 am

Not only will I help find him a home, I might be able to foster him, if it doesn't work out for you guys.

I have a few pre-screened families still looking for dogs, so I might be able to even home him fairly quickly! Can you get pictures up to me as soon as possible?

Also, maybe ask Dawn or Kirsten if they'll temp test him a bit to ensure he's sound. I have a low tolerance for nutbar pitties, except my own of course :tongue:

And I'm not crossing the border again any time soon, so someone would have to potentially drive him over. I think the Canada Customs people have it out for me as I constantly get interrogated when I bring my "little Americans" as I like to call them up to be rehomed. I'm the only one in my group that has had this problem...I must look like a badass or something :roll:
Rumpley
Bully Ambassador

Postby barbponys » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:03 am

Thanks Rumpely.
I'll be going there tomorrow to take pictures of him. When I get home from work I will post them.

That sucks having trouble with border crossings!!! I haven't been up to Canada in quite some time so I'm not sure what is required. I would be happy to bring him up to you though.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby Melkor » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:52 am

I'd love to be able to rescue a pit. If you dont find a family for him I'd be more than willing to take him in. There is nothing better than knowing your saving a dog's life. It's a very good feeling indeed. I've already saved a dog's life 4 times even after the vet told me he wouldnt make it... (my beagle has severe liver damage and keeps going on vicious healthy --> near death) each time I spend night and day with him to do what I can to keep him healthy... Right now he's the most healthy and strong he's ever been. He can pull me clean off the couch in his favorite game (tug-o-war with a towel) he's also decided he's a stud now and show's off for the neighbor's female dog's carying around sticks and logs that are usually longer than 6 feet long it's the funniest thing ever. You ever tryed to play fetch with a 6ft long 10lb stick? it's quite funny :) Actully, today he decided to drag a dead tree out of my woods onto the patio for a reason that is unknown to me... Although he did use it as a pillow for the most part of the day when the sun was on him. ( he really loves to lay in the sun) this tree he drug from the woods was about 16 feet long and 1ft thick at the base... and just after he did it he came and got me and made me come see his accomplishment... I did give him a dog biscut tho, and he wagged his tail and then went back off into the woods. He also likes to get rabbit's and drop them under my neighbor's deck. We've found up to 3 rabbit's under there before... He's most def. the most spontanious random loving dog ever. I'd like to have another dog tho :) buddy is on his way out slowly and it would be alot easier if I had another dog to be with me... I've wanted a pit for years, and im finnaly looking for one, especially a brindle... well its 5:00 am and i've been n pitbull sites seince 10:30pm so i think it's about time I go to sleep

good morning everyone!
-sean
Melkor

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs