Innova ?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Innova ?

Postby SuperNova » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:50 pm

I keep hearing about this brand of dog food.. and all i hear are good things. My pit is allergic to lamb.. gives her the runs. :sad: Does Innova have lamb in it? What's so great about it? The amount of protein?..
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby jmann4 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:15 pm

I feed Innova, it's a lamb mixture, I'm sure they make other kinds though.

I can't remember the protein but it as in the higher range.
jmann4

Postby mindonmatter » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:59 pm

jmann4,
Which kind of Innova are you using that has lamb in it? I don't see lamb on any of the ingredients for the Innova brand food.

SuperNova,
I've been feeding my pup Innova for a few days now and he loves it. According to the ingredients list, there is no lamb in the puppy, adult or senior dry or canned food. It's chicken, turkey and herring as far as meats go. He made the transition from Purina Puppy Chow with no runny stools or any other problems. He likes it a LOT more than the old stuff. You can check out more about the ingredients here: http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=inn-home
mindonmatter

Postby jmann4 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:10 pm

mindonmatter wrote:jmann4,
Which kind of Innova are you using that has lamb in it? I don't see lamb on any of the ingredients for the Innova brand food.

SuperNova,
I've been feeding my pup Innova for a few days now and he loves it. According to the ingredients list, there is no lamb in the puppy, adult or senior dry or canned food. It's chicken, turkey and herring as far as meats go. He made the transition from Purina Puppy Chow with no runny stools or any other problems. He likes it a LOT more than the old stuff. You can check out more about the ingredients here: http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=inn-home

Maybe I'm wrong. I don't have the bag any more. I put all the food in a food tub. I don't feed it that often so I could be wrong.
jmann4

Postby SuperNova » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:53 pm

Thank you very much mindonmatter. :thumbsup: you rock :headbang:
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby SuperNova » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:15 am

Do ya'll know anything about Karma organic dog food? I was looking at it (from the link ya gave me.. i just stumbled upon it) and it looks like it'd be really good for my two girls :)

Oh man, we're going tomorrow to take a look at Innova .. we might just buy a bag. :) I hope its not too expensive, only ONE store in mesa carries Innova. :sad: Unbelievable.
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby mindonmatter » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:54 am

SuperNova,
I'm not sure what you consider expensive, so I guess that's subjective. Around here though it costs about $14/6.6 pound bag, $25/16.5 pound bag. They also make a 33 pound bag, but I'm not positive about the price(around $35-40 I believe). I'm definitely on a budget too, but I don't think it's too bad for the quality you get.

And I know nothing about the Karma food, but I would imagine it's even costier than the Innova, and probably harder to find.
mindonmatter

Postby SuperNova » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:04 pm

wow im on a super tight budget at this very moment :sad: (soon I'll be making pretty good money tho.. thank God) so it may have to wait for a little while. Just a few more weeks. Thanks for the info.
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby jmann4 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:04 pm

mindonmatter wrote:jmann4,

SuperNova,

You're right, I was looking up their ingredients and there isn't any lamb in their food.
jmann4

Postby mindonmatter » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:56 pm

jmann4 wrote:You're right....

What can I say.....even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then :D
mindonmatter

Postby moto1320 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:21 pm

I fed Innova until recently. It was just too rich for one of my dogs so I switched them both to Wellness. Though, my female definately did better on the Innova than the Wellness. Innova is a relatively hot food. About 27% protien if memory serves, which is pretty much the limit for a dog thats not a hardcore worker. Daisy will be going back to Innova and Doc will stay on the Wellness as he has reactions to certain proteins and I believe it was an allergy, not a reflection on Innova as a product.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby barbponys » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:53 pm

I'll be the fly in the ointment here. I'm not a fan of Innova, no secret there. My big complaint with Karma is this, if they use fresh chicken meat and not meal(they can't claim it's organic if they do) then the actual meat protein percentage is very low and you are feeding a very high level of grain based protein. 7 grains to one meat and a lot of that is wheat. The cost of the food is extreme, $40 or so for 16 1/2 pounds. For a 50# dog you are going to be spending about 80 bucks a month for food, we make real good money but damn, we can't even afford that!!
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby mindonmatter » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:33 pm

barbponys wrote: My big complaint with Karma is this....

I apologize if I'm stating the obvious, but.....Karma and Innova are made by the same people(Natura), however they're two completely different foods.
mindonmatter

Postby barbponys » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:44 pm

Yes I realize that and my complaint is with the company. They've not handled problems with Innova well and it reflects across the board. The problems I have with Karma are on a formulation level regardless.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby SuperNova » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:25 pm

So what exactly is the BEST food that i can get w/ a student income (pretty freakin' low) :))

Money in the bank never drops below $3,300 .. my mom is generous while im in school. :thumbsup:

I have enough to spoil my dogs to an extent.
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Next

Return to Health Issues