Looking for a unique pit

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Looking for a unique pit

Postby Melkor » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:28 am

Hi, i've been spending the past few nights all night looking for a blue pit in either eastern michigan or new orleans area of LA. I really want to adopt one bad, Every time I see a picture of a blue pitt I kinda imagine that the dog is in the picture is mine, Actully I wish one of them were :) I want a pit that can go everywhere with me in my truck and cuddle with me when were sittin around. I currently have a beagle and a little terrier (both male) I'm hopeing to find a pit that is already house broken and know's basic commands. I'm pretty set on a blue pit. I've found a few in my area but im relatively short of cash. If anyone out there knows where I can blue pit with great personality and isnt aggresive, please email me at Melkor@XeroLogic.net I'd love to adopt one as soon as possible! :peace:
Last edited by Melkor on Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melkor

Postby Spurby » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:46 am

Let me just say this...

The right dog is out there for you, somewhere..but money is always needed to cover vet costs etc.

The colour has nothing to do with it, do your own present dogs colour matter?

ASAP is a bad way to look for your forever family pet..why the hurray?? take your time, read more about the breed(you might want to read more about blue pits, and there health problems due to iresponsible breeding) then tell us why you want the breed, and why you are ready to adopt one, esp a "blue one".

Honest questions! you should be really asking yourself!
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Melkor » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:44 am

I have been reading bunches about them, night and day. Im here at 5:14am in the morning after and entire night of researching/looking for pit's. It's not really asap like I need it now, but more like ASAP as in I cant wait to get a loving pet. I'm ready to adopt a pit because I really want to take one in and bring him/her into a loving caring enviroment. I was motivated to save a pet after I read about the pit that was put on the barbecuse. The pictures brought tears to my eyes and I said I would only rescue/adopt one. My girlfriend and I both love our pets to death and are willing to bring another one in. And, to answer your color question, Yes color does matter to me in a way, not in a rescue situation persay, but in general yes, I love to have a unique dog. For instance, There are many beagles in my area, but my beagle has a very extremely unique color, He is mainly black, with no whitespot on his forhead, has 4 white feet and has random wite fur around his face....And its purebread! That just makes him that much more special because i've actully had people say wow! thats one of the most awesome looking beagles i've ever seen, and actully... He know's when someones talking about him because he'll start wagging his tail and smile :) I'm also very good with dog health and taking care of dogs due to the fact that my vet 3 times told me my dog buddy only had 3 weeks to live due to severe liver damage (unknown cause but we think it was either he ate mushrooms or got into our neighbor's yard somehow and drank their treated pond water) but I didnt listen to the vet and spent hours and hours a day just holding him and I spend over 3 days just finding a food he would eat ( ended up being breadsticks from a local partystore) he wouldnt even touch anything else, nor would he drink water that was plain (I ended up having to mix his water with a flavord vitamin drink the vet suggested) and buddy is now in great health, strong, and good as net. He is actully soo strong he can drag my little sister during tug-o-war. So i'd say any dog that I adopt will have a very loving home and be very well taken care of.

(note: I'd take any pit as long as it's colors/markings are unique)
Last edited by Melkor on Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Melkor

Postby Melkor » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:46 am

btw, when I ment short of cash I ment I cant pay the $400-500 I've seen quite common with pitbull's. I most def. would be willing to pay the 60-100 that most shelters etc require.
Melkor

Postby Melkor » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:40 am

Yes, I know :) brindle are awesome color tho :) they just need to have the first 3 things you said :)
Melkor

Postby jmann4 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:35 pm

I'm glad you decided to go through rescue, good choice.

A couple of things, blue APBT's are prone to skin problems and allergies.

Pit Bulls are all unqiue. Each and every one of them. Color doesn't make a difference. Although I understand where your coming from. Once you establish health, temperment, and the other vitals of choosing a Pit Bull having a cool coat is a bonus.

Anyway, good luck.

PS Where are you located?
jmann4

Postby Melkor » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:27 pm

Michigan or New Orleans area LA. Nope no luck, not one person has messaged me other than telling me color doesnt matter. Thank's for the feedback guy's anyone have any pits that need a home? I'd do everythiong im my power to enshure they have the best life a dog can have :)
Melkor

Postby Kara » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:26 am

well they're not blue, but these babies all need to find a new home FAST!

http://www.pitbulldogs.org
http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/ON137.html

You can visit these URL's to see the available dogs. They all need homes soon as the rescue is forced to remove all dogs due to a new by-law in their village. They are in Southern Ontario, but I am willing to help with transport to Michigan if you are interested.

Kara
Kara
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby wndrtwns04 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:29 am

I posted about a blue in ohio.
wndrtwns04

re

Postby Diane Jessup » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:56 pm

Thanks for thinking about going with a rescue dog. Are you checking on petfinder.com? I can't believe you aren't finding any blues available? They are such a popular and common color here.

You do understand that you should get opposite sex from the dogs you have now? It would be best. Are you looking for young dog or adult?
Diane Jessup

Postby Melkor » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:31 am

Actully I'm looking for a brindle now...I dont know how long my beagle will be healthy and I cant really deal with 2 sick dogs due to the nature of the blue pitt's skin conditions... Plus im hopeing that my beagle having a compainion thats about his own size will boost his esteem and he can have someone to play with etc while im at work... Well, if anyone has any info on brindles availble in the louisianna area, lemme know!
Melkor

Postby Melkor » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:13 am

I think I finnaly found a dog!!! I hope he isnt taken already tho :(

Check Him Out!

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action ... mpl=&stat=

I've already sent like a 2page email to them... Please wish me luck!!!!!

Current Mood: :thumbsup: :headbang:
Melkor

Postby Spurby » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:03 am

Good luck! Tiger is gorgeous :inlove: :inlove:
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Melkor » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:50 am

Thanks! Im sitting here with my fingers crossed and hittin the "Check Mail" button way more times than I should :)
Melkor

re

Postby Diane Jessup » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:39 pm

Great looking dog. I love brindles the best myself! Hard to find nice ones in these days of "Red, White and Blue" dogs!

Just do me a personal favor and don't leave new dog with your other dogs (alone) when you aren't there. I tell this to everyone (as do many others). Some listen, some don't. Some never have a problem, some have come home to dead dogs, dog's missing legs, ect.

Best of luck on your venture, and again, thanks for going rescue. You :headbang:
Diane Jessup

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs