RASH?!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

RASH?!

Postby SuperNova » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:35 pm

My 9wk old pit has what appears to be a rash on her neck and under her jaw. They're redish bumps and she's been scratching at her neck--and i didn't know why until i took her collar off and looked at her neck. My poor baby. :sad: I dont know why she has it. We just gave her a bath earlier today and then dried her off and put her collar on (its nylon).

Is she allergic to nylon? Is it the food? Is she scratching too much?

ARG. I wish i knew all the answers

Anyone know what it could be?
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby JessaNGizmo » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:00 am

You have a pic? Maybe take a pic and post it! Was she on freshly cut grass? Did you rinse her extra? What type of shampoo do you use...Trying to think of what else it could be. I would reccomend a rolled leather collar, they are good for dogs that get rashes easily. If you dont know what that looks like Ill post a pic of show you baloos thats I have for him, That is currently covered in mudd, Go figure right! :roll:
JessaNGizmo

Postby moto1320 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:43 am

Daisy can't wear Nylon and I'm about to scrap Docs new nylon collar because it promptly took all of the hair off of his neck (which was very thick and why I used Nylon with him) and causing irritation. Of course it would help if he didn't pull like a truck. :roll:
moto1320
Regulator

Postby SuperNova » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:18 am

JessaNGizmo wrote:You have a pic? Maybe take a pic and post it! Was she on freshly cut grass? Did you rinse her extra? What type of shampoo do you use...Trying to think of what else it could be. I would reccomend a rolled leather collar, they are good for dogs that get rashes easily. If you dont know what that looks like Ill post a pic of show you baloos thats I have for him, That is currently covered in mudd, Go figure right! :roll:

She was on freshly cut grass a while ago but nothing happened until recently and the only thing i can think off that's recent is the nylon collar. It's baby pink. So cute. :sad: It'd be too bad if she's allergic to it.

She's been scratching the neck area since we got her.
We gave her a bath and rinsed her off pretty well. Maybe we didn't.. but im pretty sure we did.

What should we do? Bathe her again or just rinse her off again to see if that helps? We have a good Oatmeal Shampoo for her..

We only have my cheap-o digi cam here. So I'll try my best to take a good pic and post it.
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby SuperNova » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:48 pm

How many times can we bathe her? We've done it twice in the last 3 weeks and are gonna have to do it again soon cause she keeps rolling around in her pee! :po: :roll:
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby JessaNGizmo » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:17 pm

Hmmm, Where is she rolling around in her pee at? Kennel?

You can give her a bath as she needs it, but dont do it to much as it will dry her skin out. Dont wanna do that now as it is allready AZ!

I wanna see the rash, when is he next vet visit?
JessaNGizmo

Postby SuperNova » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:54 pm

We bought her some leave in doggie conditioner (Miracle Coat- $10.77) and she's doing great. she hasn't been scratching at her neck.

Yes, she pees in the cage and then ends up sleeping in it. :sad:

She's sparkly clean now and smells very yummy.

Chris and I are thinking about signing her up w/ the puppy plan at Banfield. (It costs $20.00 a month) and all office visits, shots, tests (that are covered by the plan) are essentially "free".. we dont pay anything. But we would pay that 20 a month ..
Oh and when we sign up for it $119.00...
Not to mention we cant switch Banfield locations. Ya have to stay w/ that specific place. So many rules. :roll:

What vet do you take your babies to?
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby JessaNGizmo » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:02 pm

I wrote an email to you but check out UnitedPetCare.com I think thats what it is and for 1 dog its 107.00 I think and the shots and everything are free and the vet visit is cheaper, Not sure what banfeild charges but United petcare you would get a REAL vet not just some doc. Just go to the one on Stapley if you go as you dont plan on moving right? Not really a problem as long as you plan on staying where you are!
Jessa
JessaNGizmo

Postby moto1320 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:30 pm

If she has been laying in her pee that would be a very good guess as well.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby SuperNova » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:15 am

Good News ! It's clearing up since we took the collar off and gave her a nice bath (its one of the many already :roll: ). . . and
Just to make sure we dont dry her skin out we put on some doggie leave-in conditioner. :))
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Return to Health Issues