What do u use to wash ur pup with?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

What do u use to wash ur pup with?

Postby elizer » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:24 pm

what kind of shampoo do you use?

do u find a certain one to work better than another?
elizer

Postby SKoth » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:39 pm

I personally really like the Bio-groom shampoo's they have great ingredients, smells and many are tearless.
SKoth
Bully Ambassador

Postby SuperNova » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:59 pm

I just bought Natural Oatmeal Shampoo (by Four Paws) and it works GREAT -- along w/ Miracle Coat leave-in conditioner .. really nice stuff. Used both today on both my girls. They look so great and smell so yummy (i dont know about that now, since they've been rolling around outside). :thumbsup:
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby damienApbt » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:32 am

i freekin hate all shampoo!!! rod's skin is so sensitive. he breaks out in hives with each one. i have to use a non soap shampoo. which totally sucks, 'cause when his allergies kick in i need to use medicated shampoo for his skin. that stuff helps with the big irritations but then makes the rest of his skin look like he has chicken pox. whats worse???
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby SuperNova » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:19 am

damienApbt wrote:i freekin hate all shampoo!!! rod's skin is so sensitive. he breaks out in hives with each one. i have to use a non soap shampoo. which totally sucks, 'cause when his allergies kick in i need to use medicated shampoo for his skin. that stuff helps with the big irritations but then makes the rest of his skin look like he has chicken pox. whats worse???

Awh, man that sucks.
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby elizer » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:44 am

oo thanks for the info
im gonan have to try that oatmeal stuff
and i take it the leave in conditioner is a spray or something?
elizer

Postby SuperNova » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:00 am

elizer wrote:oo thanks for the info
im gonan have to try that oatmeal stuff
and i take it the leave in conditioner is a spray or something?

Yeah its a spray. Got it at Petsmart. And it was the last one there, so im guessing its mighty popular. Of course, i understand why after using it.
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby Laurier » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:20 am

Here are the products I use...

Top Performance Oatmeal Shampoo.
-good for dry itchy and sensitive skin.
http://www.petedge.com/shopping/product ... uctID=1858

The STUFF
-a great leave in conditioner, great shine.
-be careful where you spray it, if it gets on a linoleum or tile floor it makes it very very very slippery.
http://www.petedge.com/shopping/product ... =1762&AS=1

If you don't want to buy a finishing spray/leave in conditioner, you can make your own. Mix 4 parts water with one part gold Listerine in a misting bottle. Make sure it is the Listerine brand and that it is gold, the other colors and brands contain sugar, which will make the coat sticky and yucky. Just mist the Listerine spray lightly and wipe down. Voila, instant shine. It also acts as an antiseptic spray to keep the coat and skin healthy.
Laurier

Postby mnp13 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:33 am

Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap. It's cheap, all natural, smells great, leaves the coat super shiney, there's nothing in it to make them sick if you don't get it all rinsed off, and you can use it for yourself too.

Added bonus - the label makes GREAT bathroom reading.

Michelle
mnp13

Postby hyperbole » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:12 pm

mnp13 wrote:Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap. It's cheap, all natural, smells great, leaves the coat super shiney, there's nothing in it to make them sick if you don't get it all rinsed off, and you can use it for yourself too.

Ditto. The peppermint or hemp soaps are great for everything from washing your dog to washing your windows to getting oil paint stains out of clothing.
hyperbole

Postby moto1320 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:22 pm

Good idea. I use that stuff. I always worried that it would strip too much oil out of the fur. Guess not. You can never tire of reading that nut jobs labels anyway. :)
moto1320
Regulator

Postby elizer » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:48 pm

Ooo pepermint

Hmmm tough decisions

ill read up on them
thanks a lot guys
:thumbsup:

what a helpful bunch you guys are
elizer

Postby jamobi » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:50 pm

J&J baby shampoo. Tearless.