neem for mange?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

neem for mange?

Postby texas pit stop » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:24 am

Was wondering if anyone else has used Neem oil to treat sarcoptic mange?My puppy had the stuff when I picked him up and after 3 dippings with chemicals and very little success I found this on the net.It worked! I mixed a couple ounces with a bottle of baby shampoo,and another ounce in a bottle of hypo-allergenic baby lotion.Shampooed once a week,and after he dried I put the lotion on.I think I actually used more than was neccessary and maybe for a little longer than neccessary(3 weeks) but when I took him back the Doc said his skin looked great.It is insecticidal,antifungal,and an excellent miticide.Worth checking into if you are looking for a non-chemical alternative.IMO
texas pit stop

Postby barbponys » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:59 am

I know people who use Neem in water as a flea repelant. Nurseries tend to carry it. A little goes a long way. I had forgotten all about that, thanks for the reminder.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby Vitaliy » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:53 am

The usual treatment for Sarcoptic Mange are shots given by the vet with the drug called Ivermectin. Some dog breeds do not tolerate the drug very well, I am not sure on which, have to ask your vet, they use this dip called Lyme Sulfur (it really stinks and if the dog has white coat, it may stain it but it works great). Do not really know any other ways.
Vitaliy

Postby pitbullforever » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:57 pm

mange sucks!!!!! i've never herd of that treatment. i would go to a vet and get med. its hard to get rid of maybe the vet can help.
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Return to Health Issues