Leg Problems?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Leg Problems?

Postby Vitaliy » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:42 pm

My dog started doing this recently and it kind of bothers me, as I am thinking there something is wrong. Whenever my dog is running around all happy and wiggling his tale, I will pet him.. when I start petting him on his lower back he actually gets down to the same position as when a female dog is peeing. And he only recently started doing this, so I am wondering if perhaps something is wrong with his back or legs or its just a thing he does?
Vitaliy

Postby elizer » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:51 pm

maybe its a way of being submissive?
my friends dog does this too
elizer

Postby pollypop » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:28 pm

One of the dogs in the rescue where I work does this too. I don't think it means there's anything wrong. I think they just really get into the scratching and stretch out and enjoy it.
pollypop

Postby Vitaliy » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:29 pm

elizer wrote:maybe its a way of being submissive?
my friends dog does this too

I do not see why he would be submissive or even be worried about something like that, he is a couch potato kind of a dog that does not get screamed at or hit and pretty much gets away with everything. :roll:
Vitaliy

Postby moto1320 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:53 pm

The way in which a dog is treated uaually only has something to do with this. Sure there are the dogs that are submissive because they have been beaten and kicked around. But, it is just how the dog is often. The most basket case, trembling, submissive urinating dogs I have ever seen have never had a hand laid on them. There are many members here that can vouch for thier soft pups and obviously treat them like royalty.
moto1320
Regulator

Return to Health Issues