barbponys or anyone who knows dog food...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
AchillesThePit

barbponys or anyone who knows dog food...

Postby AchillesThePit » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:57 am

Do you know the dog food brand called "Organix"? It's on the Whole Dog Journal's good food list...and I'm wondering if it's very good or if it's just ok good? Thank you. :)

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:39 am

I'm not sure about the soybean seeds.. but the rest looks pretty good to me

http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/Organix_C ... 133001.htm

INGREDIENTS:
Organic Chicken, Chicken Meal, Organic Peas, Organic Extruded Soybean Seeds, Organic Barley, Organic Brown Rice, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tochopherols, Rosemary, and Citric Acid), Dicalcium Phosphate, Salmon Meal, Natural Liver Flavor, Organic Flaxseed, Dried Whole Egg, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Niacin, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Ascorbic Acid+, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Ribo- flavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamin Mono- nitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Vitamin K), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Proteinate, Biotin, Dried Fermentation Products of Saccharomyces Cerevisiae, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Aspergillus Niger, Enterococcus Faecum, Trichoderma Longbrachiatum and Bacillus Subtilis (sources of direct fed microbials and digestive enzymes), Glucosamine Hydrochloride+, Chondroitin Sulfate+.

AchillesThePit

Postby AchillesThePit » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:55 pm

Patch O' Pits, ok thank you very much. I found a website that's here and they might carry the brand...though right now they have 0 in stock... :sad: But if it's good, I'm thinking of getting it once it's available.

X-girl

Postby X-girl » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:35 pm

I think you could do a lot worse. Considering that your choices are so limited, I'd give it a go and hope he does well on it.

I forget what you have been feeding him but he looks great so you're doing something right. (Though I understand good nutrition is not just about looks.)
Last edited by X-girl on Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

NatX
Matured Bully

Postby NatX » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:38 am

Xgirl, I have to contest that good nutrtion is for more than great looks. Great looks is just a byproduct of a healthy animal. Good nutrtion is going to help the animal live a possibly longer and happier life, be less inclined to have allergies and or skin condtions aggervated by commerical dog food no matter the source.

X-girl

Postby X-girl » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:34 am

NatX, my statement was an obvious error. I have edited my post to read correctly.

NatX
Matured Bully

Postby NatX » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:31 pm

X-girl- No worries I wasn't trying to offend you or anything.

AchillesThePit

Postby AchillesThePit » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:50 pm

X-girl, thank you. :) Yeah it's frustrating not able to find good kibbles. I'm feeding him Royal Canin right now, and once in a while I cook him some chicken parts to eat. But I think Royal Canin might be too high on protein for him? Also heard it's not that good? So if I could I'd like to get him on something that's better quality. :) I called the company that carries Organix and they actually have it on stock, just haven't post it on their site. I asked for a sample and now waiting for them to send it. :)

abman
Matured Bully

Postby abman » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:33 pm

If i remember correctly a neighbor uses the food and his dogs are doing really well and look great on it. He said that the company is supposed to be taking out the menodione sodium bisulfate and replacing it with more natural sources of vitk sometime this year.

moto1320

Postby moto1320 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:44 pm

That reads pretty well, I would give it a shot. I don't know where you are but if you're having trouble finding good foods that sounds like the best out of what has to be a short list if your feeding Royal Canine. On the other hand, if your ordering online to get it, you could do better.

AchillesThePit

Postby AchillesThePit » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:18 pm

abman, that's cool. I am thinking I might switch to Organix.

moto1320, I'm in Taiwan. The only okay ones here I could find are: Royal Canin, Chicken Soup for the dog lover's soul, Eagle Pack, Nutro, PetGuard and now Organix. We don't have real good ones here...So far I think Organix is the only good one I found...and it's very expensive...If I buy Organix, then yes I'll have to buy it online....

Insomnia

Postby Insomnia » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:12 pm

Thanx Achilliethepit, I think I have just found what to feed Princess!

Insomnia

Postby Insomnia » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:16 pm

moto1320 wrote:On the other hand, if your ordering online to get it, you could do better.

not here in Taiwan....shipping from overseas is crazy expensive since there are no distributors here locally carrying any of these high quality foods. The best I've seen for order online is probably the Organix, and it's already like $45usd for a 15lb bag!

AchillesThePit

Postby AchillesThePit » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:44 am

Insomnia, you're welcome. Glad I could help. :)

Alicia

Try Wysong!

Postby Alicia » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:50 am

I love LOVE Wysong. They have many different options and you can order online. They offer an affordable food with exceptional quality. They also offer dehydrated and canned raw meats as well. Definitely worth checking out. My pets have been on it for a few years and are doing wonderfully. I still incorporate raw bones into their diet but the primary right now is Wysong kibble, dehydrated and canned raw. I also love the supplements AddLife and DentaTreat. I give all my pets Salmon oil as well, but that I don't get through Wysong.

www.wysong.net

Return to “Health Issues”