Adam needs a home

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Adam needs a home

Postby dbrat368 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:42 pm

Hi,

Im posting this in hopes of finding our foster dog, Adam, a forever home.

Adam is an American Staffordshire Terrier. He is about 3-4 years old. We brought Adam home to foster in April 2003, the day he was scheduled to be euthanized. He was thought to be very animal aggressive. He is is not overtly animal aggressive. But, he will not back down to a dominant or aggressive male. This is why we can't keep him. Jake our 6-year old APBT does not like Adam. And, they do not get along. But, Adam just adores Amber, our 2-year old APBT. They love to play and romp around the yard. And, Adam submits to our 15 year old Shih Tzu, Lola. Adam is not a big fan of cats or birds. He would do well in a home with female dogs and/or submissive males. If you have dogs and are interested in Adam, we would need to have the dogs meet on neutral territory to see if they get along.

Adam is obedience trained, crate trained and housebroken. He loves people, children and has even excelled around a newborn baby. Adam is one of the most balanced dogs we have ever been around. We are conducting interviews all the time. Please feel free to contact us at :
http://www.canine-comrade.com for an interview, there are also pictures of Adam on the website under "For Adoption-URGENT".

There is a strict screening process - vet references, personal references, prior bully breed or working dog experience, fenced yard, home checks pre and post adoption, etc.

Thanks!
Diana & Jeff
dbrat368

Pics of Adam

Postby jcolt32 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:20 am

check out www.canine-comrade.com/adoption.htm
for pics of Adam
jcolt32

Re: Pics of Adam

Postby pitbullfan04 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:38 pm

jcolt32 wrote:check out www.canine-comrade.com/adoption.htm
for pics of Adam

since he's a red/rednose, you should more properly identify him as an American Pit Bull Terrier. That color is nonstandard in the AmStaff.
pitbullfan04

Adam is an AmStaff

Postby jcolt32 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:28 am

Adam was origianlly listed at the Shelter as a Pit. And, i had them change his profile to AmStaff. He is not a show dog or AKC registered to my knowledge - he was a stray. His appearance is consistent with an AmStaff not an APBT. But thank you for the input.

check out AKC's breed standard -

http://www.akc.org/breeds/recbreeds/amstaff.cfm

Adam is longer than he is tall, his muzzle is shorter than his head is broad and his tail is very short in compariosn to his body. APBTs are much more symmetrical in stature.
jcolt32

Postby jmann4 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:58 am

He's built like a UKC APBT and the coloring is consistant with the APBT. But in any case, it doesn't matter. He needs a home regardless of what he really is.
jmann4

We adopted Adam :)!!!

Postby dbrat368 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:33 am

Well we did it.. We adopted Adam!! You should have seen his reaction when I told him was home forever. I swear that dog knew exactly what I said to him.

:peace:
Diana
dbrat368

Postby Boo439 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:50 am

Congrats!!! I was just getting ready to say that the site said no dogs were up for adoption. I didn't scroll all the way down first. Hooray to you and Adam!! :thumbsup:
Boo439

Postby spane1 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:37 pm

Congratualtions! :thumbsup: Great looking dog
spane1

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs