Comparing Dog Food

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Comparing Dog Food

Postby raiyo » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:38 pm

I'm currently feeding both of my dogs Science Diet. I took over Vivi (Miniture Collie) and the owner fed it Science Diet when I got her, so i kepted it that way. My 12 week old Pit, Kozmo has been feeding on Science Diet for puppies since he was able to eat solid food. I thought that was a good brand, but reading this site made me realize it isn't. I can't afford BARF, and I'm to lazy to make em, heheh. I love my dogs, but I like my wallet too.

Like a few weeks ago I found a site here that I could compare dog foods and see what it is made of. I can't seem to find it now. Could someone help me out here?
raiyo

Postby turtle » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:42 am

Here's one of the most useful sites I have found for info on the different brands of dog foods:

http://www.doberdogs.com/menu.html

You'd want to look for one which has a lot of meat sources in the first few ingredients such as Canidae, Innova, Wellness, CA Natural, Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover, etc.

Science Diet has too much corn and fillers in it, there are many other better dog kibbles you can get.
turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby raiyo » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:55 am

I saw that link from another post. I was looking for the one that has a side by side comparison of different dog foods.

I already switched to Wellness Fish & Potato for my adult Collie. And Wellness Puppy for my pit. I'm still have lots of Science Diet left. I mixed the two together so the dogs will adapt to the new food better.
raiyo

Return to Health Issues