RAW HIDE

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby daija » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:42 am

daija always getts the runs from rawhides.. that sucks because she loves them.. so we just get her more natural chewys.. that are easily digested
daija

Postby Ruckus » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:34 am

every time I give Ruckus a raw hide he has diarea (sp?) for a week...so I just let him play with other kinds of chew toy's now
Ruckus
Newborn Bully

Postby pitbullforever » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:36 pm

i think that rawhides are good sometimes because they help clean dogs teeth but not all the time because they do have trouble digeting them.
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby JCleve86 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:38 pm

but my mom wouldn't let him have one, she thinks it's gross.

What is it with them? lol...my mom is the same way. She always gives them rawhides, and I DON'T like it, so I bought them real bones one day (they were cooked...I figured she'd handle that better...and I intended to watch them the entire time, and I figured its better than rawhide). As soon as she saw them, she flipped and threw them away. (I'd been threatening her all week that I would bring home a huge cow femur for them...) She thinks it's disgusting...this is a nurse who works in people guts...and things...go figure! Do you guys have a good "chewy" alternative that ISN'T bone (or other "gross" animal parts?).
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Previous

Return to Health Issues