Diva- the research dog (shades of Damien!)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Diva- the research dog (shades of Damien!)

Postby Diane Jessup » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:09 pm

I am currently fostering a wonderful little girl named Diva (rest assured, I did NOT name her...) Anyway, Diva has one helluva story. This dog needs a break.

Diva found herself at a college facility in Washington state which runs a year long vet tech course. She was one of the "use" dogs. That ment her days were filled with being used to teach these kids how to draw blood, insert tubes, you name it. Fun! The Big Meanies who run this place refuse to allow these animals to have any enrichment articles in their cages, which means NO BEDS, NO TOYS, NO BONES. A wonderful life. She was there for a full year. Surprisingly, she still LOVES all people!

At the end of the year, this facility tries to find homes for the dogs. Diva's home fell through as it was the usual teenagers "my mom won't let me have her after all" thing. So she went to the veterinarian clinic where one of the nice instructors worked. This lady has tried to find a home, but ran out of time. Diva was there 2 months in a metal cage. This nice lady contacted me and asked if I could help. When I heard Diva's story I knew I had to help her. So she is staying here, spending her days in a 30x20 kennel and racing about the yard playing with Dirk, Guppy and the terriers.

Diva has "home style" cropped ears (scissor job) and is primarily white. She has really thin hair. She is very elegant. She is about 2 years old. Spayed female. She is WONDERFUL with other dogs and people, but NO cat. She smiles, full on, BIG smile. A really sweet, fun dog.

Interested in helping this girl find a forever home she can call her own? She certainly deserves one!!! Please contact me if interested,
fullybullymagazine@comcast.net
Diane Jessup
Diane Jessup

Postby Boo439 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:28 am

Wow... if she was a go on cats I'd consider it. You can never have too many dogs. Poor thing being experimented on for a year... At least it was only a year and not a life-time thing. It makes me feel kinda bad for the people I will be poking with needles and catheters in nursing school at the hospital...
Boo439

re

Postby Diane Jessup » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:12 pm

I have not seen her around cats, but I don't adopt to cat homes with adults. I guess she chases them some.
I have a real thing about getting IVs put in. Her veins are all shot from having that done to her so much.
Good luck at nursing school!
Diane Jessup

Postby Boo439 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:17 pm

Thanks and good luck finding her a home!!
Boo439

Postby damienApbt » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:31 pm

wow she sounds great. poor little girlie. you need to post some pics to make me feel even more bad for her.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby katsola » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:03 pm

poor Diva. That sounds awful. I bet she's a pretty girl.
katsola

Postby JCleve86 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:49 pm

Is this the Diva we're talking about?
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby HugABull1 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:39 pm

Hey:) If it is the Diva in the picture, Rumpley and I have her pic on the list we of dogs we suggest to people who are looking. She's very pretty and sweet looking:)
HugABull1
www.HugABull.com

re

Postby Diane Jessup » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:03 pm

Yes! That's Diva when she first got here and was still white! Ha Ha! She and Guppy play non-stop all day long on this Tumwater silt and she is now brown! And sun-tan.

GOOD NEWS! Kirstan at 3 bulldogs rescue FOUND HER A HOME!!! She will be picked up later this month after all home checks and such are done. It sounds great, the lady wants to scooter with her, and can take her to work and do therapy work with her, etc. What a great ending for a great little dog. THANK YOU KIRSTAN YOU :headbang:
Diane Jessup

Postby JCleve86 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:10 pm

:peace: Right on! :peace:
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby concreterose » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:55 pm

Wow...that was quick! What a lucky girl :headbang:
concreterose
Regulator

Postby JaquelineC » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:34 pm

Diva's home bailed on her... :(

Now she's coming to live with me for a while! She'll be here on Friday night!

I'll keep ya'll up to date on how she's doing!

:nana:
JaquelineC

Postby tuesdaysmom » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:50 pm

OOH know yu'll post tons of pics for us Jac! She'll beso happy with your bullies and your CAR!!! :peace:
tuesdaysmom

Postby JaquelineC » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:24 am

Diva's doing great! She's being called 'Dee Dee' now though...

Sorry TM - I don't have a camera so I can't post any pics of her. Kirstan should be coming out on Friday or Saturday to take some new ones of her though - I'll have her send them to me so I can post them...

So far, she's getting along really well with Luna - They play hard constantly and wear each other out. The boys pretty much ignore her - She told Deuce to eff off when she first got here, and I think she hurt his widdle feelings, because he got all sad and dejected and didn't try to be friends with her anymore after that. Poor Guy... lol

She does that cute 'snarly smile' thing when she's really excited - She's so happy she looks like she snarling, but she's really just trying to smile like a human - It's adorable.

She has really thin hair - Like I've never seen on a pittie before. Her belly is BALD! I'm still trying to get used to that crop she has - It just makes me mad every time I look at it. I don't know how anyone could do that to a sweet little puppy... :po:

She wants to be a house dog, and acts like I'm casting her off into the fiery depths of hell if I put her in the yard - Even if I go out there with her. I think she's worried that I'll make her stay out there or something.

She LOVES the couch and being in our laps, and is more than willing to 'sit' and be cute for a cookie. She started learning to 'lay down' yesterday in the yard and picked it up very quickly with just me pointing at the ground with a cookie in my hand - She may have been trained to do this before, I don't know.

She's a real cute little bugger though - Fairly high prey drive, she wants to 'play' with my hamsters so badly I had to cover their cage last night so she'd stop running her nose along the sides of it. She loves the tennis ball and I can't wait to get her a long line so I can play with her a bit more.

Can't wait until a couple of weeks have gone by and she's settled in a bit more, the first two weeks are always the hardest...

:peace:
JaquelineC

Postby damienApbt » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:13 pm

great job jaqu. i can wait to see pictures. she sounds like an awesome pitty so far. but poor poor deucer 8( . may be you can send him my way for a little while :thumbsup: .

btw thanks for the paragraphs.
damienApbt
Regulator

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs