Just adopted a blue fawn darling.

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Just adopted a blue fawn darling.

Postby nessa » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:27 pm

We just brought home our first pit bull. What can I say, other than it was love at first lick? My SO is a vet, and called to tell me that I *had* to come see this dog. Whatever, I thought. We have a dog, and I don't know that I'm ready for another one, after loosing my shep a few years ago. Our oldest dog's name is Hoover, After the vacuum, not the president. and he is a black lab/golden retriever mix. So, off I went to the clinic...
Apparently the dog had been abandoned after running up quite the hospital bill. He had parvo. So, after the appropriate legal action was taken to inform the "owners" that their dog would be adopted if they didn't come get the dog within 10 days, my SO was free to take the darling home. I have never been interested in pit bulls, I never cared for the chopped off ears, and quite frankly never gave them a second thought.
Then I met him. Our eyes met. He ran to me and licked me furiously.
We left together. Love, sweet love. He is a beautiful blue fawn with these gorgeous hazel eyes. Three months old and thirty pounds.
How anyone could see him and not love him, be around him and not want to just hug the stuffing out of him, I'll never know.
I've only had him since Saturday and hes such a part of the family. He and Hoover get along famously, and the cats don't hate him. We decided to name him Kirby.
I'm so glad to find this forum so that I'm able to educate myself about this wonderful breed, and learn about my sweetheart. I'll post a pic as soon as I can. He still has his pretty, silky ears :)
nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby spane1 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:30 pm

:hi

Welcome to the board! Can't wait to see pitcures!

Sarah
spane1

Postby phez718 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:31 pm

Welcome to the board nessa! Glad you decided to take Kirby in. He sounds like a cute little guy, gotta get pics up soon! :)
phez718

Postby Boo439 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:33 pm

Welcome to the board! I can't wait to see pics. Good job keeping the vacuum namesakes alive :))
Boo439

Here is Kirby's picture

Postby nessa » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:44 pm

I hope that works.... This is Kirby

I'll try and post more in the Gallery area soon.
nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jmann4 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:04 pm

welcome to the board.
jmann4

Postby tuesdaysmom » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:47 pm

Welcome to the board. Kirby-such a great name!!
tuesdaysmom

Postby mnp13 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:14 am

Welcome to the board - my mom has a great vintage Kirby - very cool vaccuums!

Michelle
mnp13

Postby spane1 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:33 am

Here you go. Kirby is adorable :inlove:

spane1

Postby nessa » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:43 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, and thanks Jack for fixing my link!
nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs