Looking for Bully Sticks

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Looking for Bully Sticks

Postby raiyo » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:11 am

I'm looking for a site to buy Bully Sticks in bulks for a cheaper price. I bought one from the Pet Store and my dogs LOVE them. I bought mine for 3.99 for a 12 incher at the store. I place a cheap rawhide and the Bully Stick on the ground and both went straight to the Bully. I found some on eBay, but are they the same as the one in the picture below? Wanna say thanks for those who mention about those sticks. If you didn't, it wouldn't have catched my eyes when I saw it in the store.

raiyo

Postby concreterose » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:03 pm

Do they last longer than rawhide for the price?
concreterose
Regulator

Re: Looking for Bully Sticks

Postby pitbullfan04 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:52 pm

raiyo wrote:I'm looking for a site to buy Bully Sticks in bulks for a cheaper price. I bought one from the Pet Store and my dogs LOVE them. I bought mine for 3.99 for a 12 incher at the store. I place a cheap rawhide and the Bully Stick on the ground and both went straight to the Bully. I found some on eBay, but are they the same as the one in the picture below? Wanna say thanks for those who mention about those sticks. If you didn't, it wouldn't have catched my eyes when I saw it in the store.

try www.sitstay.com
They have various sizes. They are expensive! But the cheaper ones tend to be thinner and don't last so long.
The doubleknots last a long time.

Go on the site on Tuesday, and there's usually a 10% off coupon.
pitbullfan04

Postby pocketpit » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:58 pm

I have no idea what price the above mentioned site sells them for, but in the J-B Wholesale catalog they are advertised at $1.95 a piece for the 11" size. and .99 for the 6" size. They have an online catalog at www.jbpet.com
pocketpit

Postby jmann4 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:03 am

YOu can buy HUGE 33" sticks at http://www.bullysticks.com

I buy from here and cut them into smaller lengths. Prices vary from month to month but they usually have a nice price on them.
jmann4

Postby raiyo » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:23 am

Geez jimann4, you're so helpful. You tend to answer ALL of my questions, heheh. Thx for the site. That's the one I saw a long time ago. Best site I found so far.

How often do you guys give those kinds of treat to your dog? I know it is personal reference, just wanna know. I'm thinking every other day.
raiyo

Postby jmann4 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:02 am

You welcome Raiyo. I feed one stick per dog per day. I cut them down into two sizes. 6-12". I just got an order in the other day so my dogs are quiet as mice right now. Oh the peaceful bliss!
jmann4

Postby raiyo » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:26 pm

Just ordered them from. Got the 50 pack of 6" inch standard bully sticks. Getting the 36" inch one will save me alittle, but cutting them is so hard. Hey jimann4, what did you use to cut the sticks?
raiyo

Postby jmann4 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:58 am

I use a Miter (sp?) saw or a table saw. I cut them all at once. I used a hack saw to do them one at a time.
jmann4

Postby raiyo » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:41 pm

jimman4, you're getting fancy on me. I'm better on cars than I am with power tools, heheh.
raiyo

Return to Health Issues