Quick cleaning..

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Quick cleaning..

Postby Hondovious » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:13 am

I wanted to see how everyone keeps their dogs clean, especially those that spend at least a couple hours a day outside in the yard. I take him to the groomer to get baths about twice a month (I don't pay I trade for food from my restaurant, thats why so much) but he can get dirty again in 5 minutes outside. Is there a spray that works well that you can wipe them down with in a few minutes?
Hondovious

Postby blover27 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:18 am

i use this stuff in a spray bottle...its called instant bath or something..just spray and wipe off with paper towels...and also those dog wipes are good for a quick clean up but they are not as cost effective
blover27

Postby SKoth » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:20 pm

If they're not too dirty baby wipes work well for us.
SKoth
Bully Ambassador

Postby AllAmericanPUP » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:29 pm

i don't do anything.
if they go outside for a couple of hours and come back in they usually aren't very dirty, and if they are then o well, lol.
i don't let them out often when it's muddy.

I bath them about once every 6 months.
sometimes i'll whipe them down or spray some doggy cologne on them if needed..
AllAmericanPUP

Postby Chocolate Thunda » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:45 pm

I baby wipe in between the grooming visits (twice a month, I really gotta stop this)
Chocolate Thunda
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby violet » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:36 pm

I'm OCD..my dogs get baths once a week. every Saturday.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby JCleve86 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:05 pm

A quick spray-down with the hose works too! If they are too dirty for that to work, I'll give um a quick hose-bath outside with mild puppy shampoo...takes about 5 minutes...works like a charm.
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:31 pm

When the weather permits, a kiddie pool of clean water can be fun for the dog (just let it be the dog's idea the first few times!) ... towl dry and good to go! It is just one big jolly game for them, and it helps us remove grime quiickly. Thankfully, bulls dry quickly (my shep mix is another story!) :)
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby JessaNGizmo » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:22 pm

Its sooo fun to bathe the dogs. They play in the water outside and love baths in the bath tub, Just last night we gave the dogs in the shower! Was exciting for one but the other HATED it! I cant stand stinky dogs so I give them a bath when they need it. Trust me you know! Az heat makes the dogs stink quickly also!
Jessa
JessaNGizmo

Postby whiskeyman » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:09 pm

Baby wipes..

later
jeremy
whiskeyman

Postby concreterose » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:21 pm

Baby wipes for quick wipe downs. We keep an extra deep dish tub outside with rags and soap, and if they get muddy, we wash their feet off on the deck before they come in. I don't bath my dogs more than once a month at the most in summer. In the winter they get one bath when it gets cold, and not another until the spring.
concreterose
Regulator

Postby Hondovious » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:17 pm

concreterose wrote:In the winter they get one bath when it gets cold, and not another until the spring.

Well being from Michigan that seems like a given.. Don't you people just go into cryostasis up there from November-March? lol

Thanks everyone for the tips. I will go buy some baby wipes.
Hondovious

Postby STITCH » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:25 pm

I KNOW IF THIS IS A DUMB QUESTION I WILL HEAR ABOUT IT :po: BUT IM GOING TO ASK ANYWAYS.... CAN YOU BATHE YOUR DOG TOO MUCH AND IS IT OK TO USE CONDITIONER ( THE PEOPLE KIND) ON THEM?
STITCH

Postby JessaNGizmo » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:38 pm

No only use dog shampoo and conditioter the human type is to harsh on dogs skin. I reccomend jojoba oil conditioner....It makes them shine, smell good and soft!
Jessa
JessaNGizmo

Postby violet » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:14 pm

You shouldn't bathe them as often as I do. Or I have been told as much. But I can't stand dirty dogs in my bed.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Next

Return to Health Issues