Dog Food Question

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby barbponys » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:46 am

The other reason the company's don't go out of business is they are corporate owned. Purina is owned by M&M/Mars, Iam/Euk by Proctor and Gamble, Hills Science Diet by Colgate Palmolive, Pedigree by Nestle..........and the list goes on. With that kind of backing they will forever be in the store with multi million dollar add campaigns to support them. There will always be ignorant people out there that will buy their products cuz they see it in print and on tv. I tell people all the time, if you see adds for a food, run. They spend more in advertising than some small co. make in a year. The only places I see the quality foods advertise is in the holistic type publications. And you won't see the big names in them.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby Fish » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:58 am

Thanks for all the info it answered alot of questions. My sister has a female lab mix, about 10 to 11 years old and she stinks when you pet her like PollyPop says you have to go wash your hands, she has skin problems and other health problems and her house stinks, she dosn't smell the stink in her house because she is used to it but I do. I never thought it had anything to do with the food,I think I will try and get her to change foods even if I have to pay the differance between her current food and a good dog food, it will help her dog and maybe I won't mind going over because of the smell. Again thanks for insight into this issue.
Fish

Previous

Return to Health Issues