Possible rescue here in NJ???

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Possible rescue here in NJ???

Postby chris allen » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:17 pm

I have a friend I work with that lives in the same complex as a young lady with a pit. He said he has seen her since the dog was a little puppy, but does not know what kind of real care went into the dog. The dog has been fine when faced with my friends lab. She apparantly has to get out of the apartment and was going to bring the dog to the pound. She told him that they give them 5 days and thats it. So I showed up at her door to see the dog and try to get it, and the dog wasnt there. She said though she would set up a day during the week for me to get the dog if I could keep her or find a home(cant keep, but can house till a home was found). This girl seems like a dopehead, so Im sure this dog has not been raised really with the best of care, but I have yet to see her for myself. Supposed to be a 7 month old brindle female. I could not even think of putting a dog like that someplace to just die, but I guess that doesnt matter.........just me.

So is there anyone here that would be interested? I live in toms river, the dog is up in the edison area.

My gf also works with a rescue volunteer who said she would help out.

Supposed to be a sweet young dog.

Any tips on what I should do?
chris allen

Postby Spurby » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:12 am

When i was with a large rescue, we recieved MANY e-mails just like yours, sorry, i just want you to know the truth :sad: There is NO way a rescue can take them all in. As well, most, if not all, rescues take in shelter cases, not owner surrenders, the dogs that are most urgent, take priority.

If there is any way you could foster, or someone good you know, i am sure a rescue can help. I wish this pup the best.b
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs