has anyone heard of this?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby texas pit stop » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:42 pm

Petco sells it. I feed it to McDooser,at first he did not care for it ,but after a slight adjustment period he eats it well enough.
texas pit stop

Postby barbponys » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:38 pm

Natural Balance is an ok food. They make a limited ingredient formula that is good for getting allergies under control. Here are my nit-picks.

Ok, first ingredient is fresh chicken, that means raw. During the cooking process it will loose half it's weight in water, the same with the duck. Soooo, that drops them down to the 6th or 7th ingredient by actual weight.

The second ingredient is brown rice, it's really white rice except the hull hasn't been removed. If a dog has allergies to rice it will react to this.

I hate to see natural flavors in an ingredient list, what are they natural flavors of and why do they need to add them? I have never been given a believable answer.

Tomato Pomace is stalks and leaves. Being a member of the Nightshade family they shouldn't be adding that. It's a great source of lycopene but it's also toxic.....why not add tomatoe's instead.

If you are concerned about allergies you shouldn't feed yeast to the dog. If they are prone to yeast infections and such you don't want to give it something to feed off of.

Salt??? that's included in the minerals so why add more?

It's a good middle of the road food, there's definitely better out there but there's also a hell of a lot worse. Just my .02 cents.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby ilovexzar » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:04 pm

It's not bad. I used to feed Xzar Royal Canin Maxi (large breed)...
Then it got to be too expensive.
Then I fed him Nutro...he hated it.
ilovexzar
Newborn Bully

Postby mnp13 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:51 pm

I ahve about 10 sample bags in my basement, I use it for emergency backup food. The dogs seem to like it, if nothing else than for variety.

Michelle
mnp13

Return to Health Issues