Im new here.

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
WakeMeUp

Im new here.

Postby WakeMeUp » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:20 am

hi everyone my name is samantha, my boyfriend and i are looking to get a pit bull pretty soon. we are located in north carolina. my boyfriend has owned a pit once before but she past away due to old age.
together we breed ball pythons, and betta fish.. i have rescued two ex racing greyhounds and a dachshund.
i dont know what else to write right now sorry... so hi everyone!!!

OlympianAB
Addicted to PBF

Postby OlympianAB » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:49 am

welcome to pbf

deeviousD
Matured Bully

Postby deeviousD » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:20 am

:welcome: to the forum.....lots of good info on here to read up on. Are you going to adopt a pit bull?

concreterose

Postby concreterose » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:26 pm

Wolfenashes

Postby Wolfenashes » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:13 pm

Hello and Welcome :) was garage sale shopping and came across a grey hound today (or may have been a whippet, didnt get a good look) beautiful doggies. Hope you have a happy journey finding your new pibble family member :)

WakeMeUp

Postby WakeMeUp » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:27 pm

thank you all for replying! i have been on this site before but never signed up. the graphics are nice.
so i have read about the pit breed and i understand their temperments and everything. but i didnt know that they had this much of a bad rap! i didnt know that some states are baning them! thats horrible. it really says something about people.. not all people but you know what i mean... right?... they are such cute and beautiful dogs, and people make them look like killers who should be whiped out. its not the dog, its how you raise um i say..
well my boyfriend and i just moved into our new apartment and he wants a doberman... and i want a pit bull. our friend has a pit mix and shes just wonderful. shes mixed with a german short hair pointer, so she looks like a pit with the coloring of the pointer..
iam trying to find a puppy pit bull or a young adult. i love this blue color that they can come in.. its really pretty and i like all the colors that these pit bulls come in.
just the other week my boyfriend and i went to bark in the park.. its an event located down the street from us in north carolina. its sponcerd by purina dog food and harris teeter which is a food store.. we got to see alot of dogs there, we where the only ones with out a dog... we felt kinda weird.. ha. but i have always liked the great dane, i used to have one.. but i saw alot of pit bulls and staffys and i drawn to them. when ever one past me i asked if i could pet it.. i saw this one that was a blue brindle and he had the prettiest markings that ive ever seen!!
is any one in north carolina on this forum? any breeders?
this site seems nice and so do the people and dogs!
have a nice day everyone!
-samantha

Linariel
Addicted to PBF

Postby Linariel » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:37 pm

Welcome!

We have a couple breeders on the forum, but there's always a long waiting list for a good breeder!

Or you can get a puppy soon, from a shelter or rescue.

Check out this girlie:
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6142724

Wolfenashes

Postby Wolfenashes » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:43 pm

I dont own a pit bull and never have, but im here to learn like many. I own a spoiled basset/beagle head hehe. But maybe far into the future i will be informed enough to own a pitbull as well, in time adn education,but surely not now. This thread is a very good one with advice for new pit bull owners, take a look http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=41000 :)

dingo
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby dingo » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:45 pm

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! :) You don't know how wonderful it is when someone new comes to the board - with an open mind and a willingness to learn about pit bulls.

Hopefully you'll think "rescue/shelter" pit bull when you make the move to being a pit bull owner.

WakeMeUp

Postby WakeMeUp » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:23 pm

iam open minded about adopting an older dog or a young adult. i really dont mind what comes my way. i really like this site.. as im looking around and reading stuff i see alot of BSL.. what does that mean... bull sh*t lies? that was my guess haha..
i have a dog bed and toys and everything all ready for a dog.. haha i miss having a dog around me....

WakeMeUp

Postby WakeMeUp » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:26 pm

oups sorry... while i type i forget what the next thing i want to say is... um... oh yeah iam in nc, and i have seen other people who own pit bulls. i see them in dog parks and i pet them and i see some people walking them. and im guessing that its okay to own on around here but i want to make sure so i dont have to lose my little one. how can i find out if im allowed to own one in my area or not?
thank you!
-sam

Linariel
Addicted to PBF

Postby Linariel » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:45 pm

I sent you a private message.

LibertysSavior
Bully Lover 4 Life

I'm in NC!

Postby LibertysSavior » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:38 pm

I'm here in NC, too! Nice to see a fellow North Carolinian here! The Haven in Raeford has some pit and pit mix dogs for adoption, if you don't live to far from there.

Moni
a "newbie" here myself!
http://www.geocities.com/love4liberty_n_abby

ladyluna
Matured Bully

Postby ladyluna » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:45 pm

Welcome

bonesdaddy

Postby bonesdaddy » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:11 pm

:welcome: to PBF

Return to “Introductions”