Oregon Rescuers - Advice Pls

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Oregon Rescuers - Advice Pls

Postby dawgdays » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:47 pm

Two of the best apps we've gotten for pups so far are from OR, so we're going to go ahead and okay the adoptions pending home and reference checks.

Would any of the OR rescuers on board here be willing to help us find someone who can do a home check?

The applicants are in Albany and Deers Creek. And they're both willing to drive allllll the way down to SF for the face-to-face interview and puppy select. Crazy, but Hey!

Let me know ... and thank you. Or rather, I should say that the tolerant-but-tormented K9 aunts and uncles thank you!

Donna @ BadRap

dawgdays
www.BadRap.org

Postby barbponys » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:07 pm

Sorry I'm not from Oregon but..........s/he is my favorite of the bunch! That and the runt............ :inlove: :crybaby: :roll: sigh
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby turtle » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:20 pm

I'm not anywhere near Oregon but that's a great pic! That's ol' big head Bruno getting chewed by the pup, isn't it? I remember him well, he's a beauty.

turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby dawgdays » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:43 pm

Don't feel toooo bad, barbponys ... Malone (in the pic) and Runty are both turning out to be the biggest HELLIONS of the batch. Good thing they're cute, b/c they're going to give their new families a ride for their money someday!

(Yes gf! That's Big Daddy Bruno. He's so patient with the trouble makers .. Such a good good boy)
dawgdays
www.BadRap.org

Postby dawgdays » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:00 pm

Here's some more sugar for the puppy fans .... Pups & their mentors

dawgdays
www.BadRap.org

Postby moto1320 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:18 pm

You should rent them by the hour. I could get my puppy fix, people could see why puppies aren't just cute faces, and you could buy lots of puppy food and band aids/treats for poor Bruno. :))
moto1320
Regulator

Postby Spurby » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:10 pm

Wow, who is taking the pictures of these pups!!(i want that job!!) they are great!! :inlove: I hope you get the help you need!! Good luck!
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby BudDog » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:49 am

I just wanted to say that there are soooooo many Pits needing homes here in Oregon. Clackamas County Animal Control has sooo many adult dogs right now. Do these people wanting to rescue really need a puppy? Not trying to sound down on the whole thing, just wish some of the dogs up here could find homes.
BudDog
Matured Bully

Postby dawgdays » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:16 pm

I hear ya ... Which is exactly why we ask out of state homes to drive to us. We figure any good applicant who's willing to take off for a few days and put 1000 miles on their car is super motivated.

I'm like you and would MUCH prefer people adopt adults, but if they're going to get a pup, wouldn't you prefer they find a well-screened rescue dog?
dawgdays
www.BadRap.org

I agree...

Postby BudDog » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:22 pm

Yes I agree with you on the well screened rescue puppies. I want to do some rescue work myself but don't have the space or money right now. I think all the people doing rescue work really are doing a great job and you ROCK!!!! :thumbsup: Keep up the great work!!
BudDog
Matured Bully

Postby Kirstan » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:40 pm

I'll get a homecheck done for you - where are these applicants? I have people homecheck all over Ore. for me and can always get something done.

Email me @ three_bulldogs@hotmail.com or kirstan@bullseyerescue.org if you didn't already get offers.

kirstan
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby dawgdays » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:53 pm

Thanks Kirstan

I'll email you ... and hope to return the favor someday.
dawgdays
www.BadRap.org

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:29 am

I can help on Oregon home checks as well... Please let me know if I can be of any assistance! :))
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby dawgdays » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:39 pm

Thanks Steph-n-wolf!

Kirstan is brewing up some help for us now. But we may be knocking on your door if the timing/location is right.
dawgdays
www.BadRap.org

Re: Oregon Rescuers - Advice Pls

Postby william.sattler » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:41 pm

dawgdays wrote:Two of the best apps we've gotten for pups so far are from OR, so we're going to go ahead and okay the adoptions pending home and reference checks.

Would any of the OR rescuers on board here be willing to help us find someone who can do a home check?

The applicants are in Albany and Deers Creek. And they're both willing to drive allllll the way down to SF for the face-to-face interview and puppy select. Crazy, but Hey!

Let me know ... and thank you. Or rather, I should say that the tolerant-but-tormented K9 aunts and uncles thank you!

Donna @ BadRap

What is the home check for?
william.sattler

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs