need home

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

need home

Postby dogsoldier » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:56 am

for a 6 month pit pup. my step son has the pup and with everything that is going on is unable to keep it. he should have never got it in the first place but hind site is 20 20 . we are unable to take it since we got 2 pups of our own. ill post a pic of her as soon as i take one.
not sure if this is allowed or even where to put it. i hope this is all ok.
we want to find her a good home so she dont go to the pound.
dogsoldier
Newborn Bully

Postby Awesome_PIT » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:47 am

Where in PA are you? maybe Damien would be able to help you out hes from Philly
Awesome_PIT

Postby megan203 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:01 am

have you listed your dog here yet? http://www.pbrc.net/home.html
megan203

Postby dogsoldier » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:43 am

here are some pics of her when we babysat her about a month ago or so.

dogsoldier
Newborn Bully

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:56 am

Hey there, and welcome to Pit Bull Forum...

So, I am sure you know, that Pit Bulls are not exactly the "high demand" dog to adopt; there are more in the shelters and rescues than there are homes for. First, if there is any way that your son can alter his lifestyle or make other changes that would allow him to properly take care of the pup, that would be the best answer for everyone concerned. I am sure that you have throught of this already, though....

Second.... here is what I suggest; do a search on www.pbrc.net and www.petfinder.com (and ask here) to find the pit bull rescue group closest to you... contact them and explain your situation clearly. Then tell them that you/your son or whoever is willing to commit to the responsibility is willing to help do the foot work to put her into the home. Let them know that you will continue to hold the pup as long as you are able (ideally until a home is found), that you will cover the cost of a spay, have vaccinations up to date, have her treated with Advantage for fleas, and have her treated for worms. (These are all expenses that rescues put into each of their dogs, and rescues are almost never "funded".) Let them know that you will supply them with a complete and fun bio of her to put on line, and e-mail pictures. If they want to meet her, make sure you go to the effort of transporting her to the rescue... These somewhat simple things will take a huge load off of the rescue, and will increase the chance that the will help place the pup. Tell them that you would like for them to receive interested people, do their application and/or screening process in hopes of finding a quailified forever home.

Sorry to be long winded... and i hope that everything works out for you, your son, and the pup.
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:07 am

I thought of a few more things :roll: ...

If you are able to make a donation to the rescue, their vet, or offer a needed supply, that is always helpful. Also, Making flyers with the dogs picture and a bio and give the rescue's contact info (with their permission) can help get things movin'... some newspapers will carry adoption classifieds for free... and do the same thing with giving the rescue's contact info... that way the rescue can sift through the interested parties to find the best homes. This may bring more adopters to the rescue, thus helping the other dogs as well...
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby caped dog » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:51 pm

great posts Steph-n-Wolf. :thumbsup: thx for taking the time to 'splain all that. Have you got yer thoughts together on a pre-fab word doc that you can cut-n-paste for next time.. and the time after that...and the time after that.
caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:29 pm

(Not a bad idea, Caped Dog!)
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby caped dog » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:08 pm

thx! pre-fad docs save TIME. and then you would have it at the ready for http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5475 :)

I have a series of "template topics" that sit on my desktop in various stages of being well-put together: free pit bull, early age spay-neuter, how to help a friend re-home their pet- etc. Some folks/ agencies call these position statements. Your advice is one formatting step away from being your position statement on the subject of finding homes.

check this out - I know I don't have boards or committees but you get the idea- "Several position statements help us define our mission and illustrate for our community and ourselves "where we stand" on a variety of animal welfare issues. These positions are evaluated periodically by our Board of Directors' Program and Policy Committee." http://www.peninsulahumanesociety.org/about/stand.html
caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby aheart4bullies » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:23 pm

we no longer need a home for Raven ....ty
aheart4bullies

Postby dopeychristy » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:30 pm

aheart4bullies wrote:we no longer need a home for Raven ....ty

What happened with her? Who has her, if ya don't mind me asking?
dopeychristy

Postby aheart4bullies » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:41 pm

i;m sorry i guess i should of said more in that post ...we found her a good home with a family close to us .....she will make them a great pet ...she is a real sweet little girl
aheart4bullies

Postby dopeychristy » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:18 pm

aheart4bullies wrote:i;m sorry i guess i should of said more in that post ...we found her a good home with a family close to us .....she will make them a great pet ...she is a real sweet little girl

The post was so brief I got worried...thank you for clarifying lol
dopeychristy

Postby KimberlyGeorge26 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:27 pm

I want him, he is sooo cute. Is there any way to get him to Portland OR??? Anyone know of any help out there?
KimberlyGeorge26

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs