bad shape pit mix rescue...

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

bad shape pit mix rescue...

Postby damienApbt » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:39 pm

hey word is spreading around town that i like pitties. well some girl dropped by the cafe while i was working. she had a pit mix that she found abandonned in a park. i've spoken with her before a while ago to see if she wanted me to foster her, but she decided to try and keep her. i gave her all the advice i could and a bunch of websites.

well i dont know why she came to me today. i was really busy and couldnt go outside and she couldnt come inside. but... i did get to see the poor girl. she was very thin, with a cropped tail. to be honest with you, she looked like crap. granted she does have lymes disease and all, but among other things just from looking at her i think she'd be really hard to place. its been tough enough lately with all my bills let alone a frail beat up dog adding to my tally. she has to recoup and plus all the time it would take to place her...i cant imagine. i wasnt expecting such a project.

i dont mean to be harsh..im just seeing it as it is.

what should i do?? should i tell her to contact the local pitbull rescue?? or should i tell her ill try to help her find a home?? damn i suck at this crap.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby megan203 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:53 pm

definately tell her to contact the local pit bull rescue. They'll probably have more resources as an org. than you do as an individual.
megan203

Postby damienApbt » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:41 pm

megan203 wrote:definately tell her to contact the local pit bull rescue. They'll probably have more resources as an org. than you do as an individual.

thats what i figured.. and also the personel to properly care for her. the girl initialy sugar coated the dogs situation. i definitely supply her with all the numbers she needs to contact these people.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:53 pm

Depending on the situation, if this poor dog is very sick, in pain, or is suffering otherwise, it may be a good idea to suggest a human euthaniasia... :( I know personally how full many pit bull rescues are, and that the expense of vet care for a dog beyond rehabilitation to a quaility of life is just not feasable. It is a tough call....

Also, maybe this gal can contact the rescue and ask for their best assistance in finding a home while she continues to foster the dog. This would increase the chances of the rescue being able to help, esp. if she is able to continue with the medical care.

Good luck; these things really, REALLY suck!
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:09 pm

:oops: That is EXACTLY what I meant (smart ass) ... my spelling is not that great anyway, and most of the time I am typing one-handed with a todler in my lap! :)) Hey - I do what I can.... Sorry if I confused you :tongue:
Steph-n-Wolf

Re: bad shape pit mix rescue...

Postby william.sattler » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:38 pm

damienApbt wrote:hey word is spreading around town that i like pitties. well some girl dropped by the cafe while i was working. she had a pit mix that she found abandonned in a park. i've spoken with her before a while ago to see if she wanted me to foster her, but she decided to try and keep her. i gave her all the advice i could and a bunch of websites.

well i dont know why she came to me today. i was really busy and couldnt go outside and she couldnt come inside. but... i did get to see the poor girl. she was very thin, with a cropped tail. to be honest with you, she looked like crap. granted she does have lymes disease and all, but among other things just from looking at her i think she'd be really hard to place. its been tough enough lately with all my bills let alone a frail beat up dog adding to my tally. she has to recoup and plus all the time it would take to place her...i cant imagine. i wasnt expecting such a project.

i dont mean to be harsh..im just seeing it as it is.

what should i do?? should i tell her to contact the local pitbull rescue?? or should i tell her ill try to help her find a home?? damn i suck at this crap.

Rescue, surely there is someone in your area that can help save this wonderful dog.
william.sattler

Postby caped dog » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:03 pm

Learning how to say "no" and re- direct someone when you are flat out of resources is difficult and admirable. We all bend but bending to the point of breaking doesn't do the dogs any favors. If I end up not making bills b/c I took in another dog who does that serve? not me- and not the dog. and not the dogs that come later.

you could do a human euthanasia on the jerky who bred her, the one that docked her tail, or the many who failed to care for her- that I could get behind. Unless you're made of time and money it is not possible to make up for her sad situation by yourself. Don't take any crap for knowing your limits.
caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby blover27 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:27 pm

caped dog wrote:Learning how to say "no" and re- direct someone when you are flat out of resources is difficult and admirable. We all bend but bending to the point of breaking doesn't do the dogs any favors. If I end up not making bills b/c I took in another dog who does that serve? not me- and not the dog. and not the dogs that come later.

you could do a human euthanasia on the jerky who bred her, the one that docked her tail, or the many who failed to care for her- that I could get behind. Unless you're made of time and money it is not possible to make up for her sad situation by yourself. Don't take any crap for knowing your limits.

thats a great post :clap
blover27

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:31 pm

:bowdown: I totally could not have said that any better, Caped Dog! You rock! :headbang:
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby william.sattler » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:54 am

adoptAshelterPit wrote::woowoo: great posting!

Thank you
william.sattler

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:56 am

Update???
Steph-n-Wolf

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs