BARF, Alternatives?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

BARF, Alternatives?

Postby jmann4 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:04 pm

Angel loves meat and yogurt, won't eat anything like peanut butter, fruits, veggies, etc... If it's not meat or butter she ain't having it.

Honey doesn't like meat or veggies or premium dog food, loves Moist-n-Meaty and out right refuses to eat anything raw.

Ideas on how to get my dogs on to some better foods and add some variety to Angel's Barf diet?
jmann4

Postby HugABull1 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:01 pm

Two ways that worked with my Angel who was the same way:

1) have another dog eat veggies in front of her, she'll get jealous and just have to try it

2) mix small amounts of veg in with the meat and yogurt, (really mix it in good so she can't pick it out - it should be pureed anyway), as she gets used to it, increase the amount of veg gradually.

Do the same thing with Honey - maybe heat hers up to room temp, could be the cold temp that's turning her off of raw food. If she sees Angel snarfling it back, she'll be way more likely to eat it.
HugABull1
www.HugABull.com

Postby moto1320 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:38 pm

Mine never really liked cold food either (in the bowl, if I had it it was a must have). The veggies were easy to add because I was eating them, they were introduced when sharing my snacks. It's so funny, they have a look on their face the whole time like "Ooookay, whatever, I guess it's good if Dad thinks so" They never appear to really be into them but always want more...go figure. I don't feed veggies in their meals yet but they will eat them when I offer them (as a trial for BARF) Daisy ate a whole bunch of Artichoke hearts with me the other day. Weirdo :) Riley liked baby carrots because they were crunchy. I'd try different ones. I got Daisy into her Innova by puting the wet food in the oven on warm before mixing it....miss priss :roll:
moto1320
Regulator

Return to Health Issues