HELP this dog in NC, if you can. EUTH date TOMORROW

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

HELP this dog in NC, if you can. EUTH date TOMORROW

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:04 pm

SAILOR S1164

URGENT

Breed: Pit Bull (APBT)
Sex: Male (neutered)
Weight: 52 lbs
Color: Red and White

Housebroken: in progress
Good with kids: yes
Good with dogs: yes
Good with cats: yes

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EUTH DATE IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sailor is a nice young dog who has had a hard existence but it is finally turning around. He was caught in a dog trap out in the county but surprise, this dog isn't feral but he sure was HUNGRY! It looks like he has been living on his own and has had it rough. He is in pretty good shape though and has a really good disposition. He is waiting for his turn in rescue and needs a warm place to stay and loving family to make his life complete. He is short and wide with a large head. He is very handsome and will make a fantastic dog.

Sailor has passed his temperament test and is a great dog. He is a laid back fellow who is looking for a couch to sleep on. Very easy going, doesn't jump or mouth. He doesn't seem to get too excited about much. He walks great on leash (not a puller) and rides great in the car (lays down to go to sleep). He acts like he is right at home on a couch.[/img]
Last edited by Steph-n-Wolf on Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby TheMissingSock » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:19 pm

i feel the same way Chea......he is so cute :crybaby:
TheMissingSock

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:50 pm

Check him out on PBRC.net, and contact the rescue that listed him. They would be able to tell you how to help. I am way the hell over here otherwise I would totally do more... He really jumped out at me, too...
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:10 pm

smilinpitbull@yahoo.com is the e-mail contact of the rescue that listed him. Please contact them NOW...

http://www.pbrc.net/dogpages/south/secondchancep1164.html has his info....

I REALLY hope that it is not too late :(
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:12 pm

They are the same org that has Micro up for adoption....
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:22 pm

Please first make sure that he is stil... er... available...before going any further with this...
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:31 pm

PM Katie and see if she has there telephone #... ? Do a look-up in whitepages.com for the rescue's name? E-mail them anyway?
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:37 pm

Do whatever you feel is right.... shelters and rescues often "pull" animals from kill areas to different locations. I would make sure that placing him in your shelter is okay with your shelter, firts.... but I would also attempt to contact the rescue if you are interested to check on his status... that you can do no matter what. Let them know that there is interest and maybe they can hold off for a day... up to you, of course.
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby GreddysAngel » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:51 pm

:angel: :pray
You are an amazing person :clap
GreddysAngel
Addicted to PBF

Sailor

Postby Katie » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:41 am

I had been looking at adopting Micro, but it doesn't look like the best idea. Since that didn't work out, I was talking to the rescuer about either Sailor or Cash (another dog they have). I emailed her yesterday saying that I would like to drive to NC this weekend to meet both of them. I live in SC. I didn't know his euth. date was so soon. MAYBE the fact that I asked to see him this weekend will make some difference. I really don't know how these things work though.
Katie

Postby Katie » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:36 pm

I have not heard back about Sailor yet. I tried to call the SPCA in Winterville, NC but didn't talk to anyone. I left a message saying that if they had Sailor (I gave a description) that I was going to come in town this weekend, so please don't euthanize him. There was another shelter listed on switchboard.com. I called there too. Again, no one answered. I don't think they had a way to leave messages.

When I have communicated with the rescuer before, she's always emailed me late at night. So, hopefully she'll send good news this evening.

And yes, I will take pictures of Micro if this weekend ends up being a good time for me to see the dogs. I haven't heard if the time will work for the rescuer.
Katie

YEAHHH!!!

Postby Katie » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:37 pm

I JUST got an email from Amy (the rescuer). Sailor is at her house.
Katie

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:47 pm

YAY!!!!!!!
:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Boo439 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:51 pm

I wish I could be as helpful as some of you guys. You guys rock!

I just can't take in any dogs :( I would love to take an all white deaf doggie. I think it would be fun training a dog with only hand signals.
Boo439

Postby nessa » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:58 pm

:peace: Thank GOODNESS!!!!
nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs