Help! I love my puppies and want the best for them!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Help! I love my puppies and want the best for them!

Postby dopeychristy » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:01 am

I'm in the south Georgia area, Mitchell county (near Albany) I have 3 puppies left from an "accidental" breeding. Please don't ream me out, I've already been there and done that. :crybaby:

I can't change the fact that they are here but I CAN be responsible for them and take steps to give them a good life. They are 100% pitbull. They are NOT papered but they are gorgeous dogs. I will keep them if I have to but it is going to be difficult and I fear they won't have the kind of home pits need to be proper socialized and loved.

These guys require so much attention. The trouble is I refuse to allow them to go to an environment where they will be fought or abused. I'd much rather be a stay at home pit mommy than do that! I would also be willing to take them back in a heartbeat if it didn't work out. They are my babies :(

If anyone knows of anyone who wants to adopt a baby pitbull in my area please let me know. I have tons of pictures. They are now about 12 weeks old and so beautiful. I would rather give them to homes near me, at least within a few hours of me because I want to be able to check on them, I guess I'd have to put that in the contract?

They have all their shots up to date and have been dewormed. I also have their little heart worm medication I'd send with them. I am making arrangments to have them neutered, they are all male.

To contact me please send me a PM and I will reply with a way to reach me, or you can IM me on my yahoo @ dopiecat.

Thanks,

Christy
dopeychristy

Postby PitBullPride » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:03 am

What state are you located in? I may be able to help you.
PitBullPride

Postby PitBullPride » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:28 am

LoL didn't see that...thanks shelterpit.... :oops: Well I'm in Florida maybe I could help by fostering..... :)
PitBullPride

Postby K » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:46 am

No reaming...hay makes me sneeze :)

I am making arrangments to have them neutered,

I like this bit very much :thumbsup: ....and I wish you all the best in finding new and suitable homes for the babies....K.
K

Postby dopeychristy » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:12 am

pitbullpride wrote:LoL didn't see that...thanks shelterpit.... :oops: Well I'm in Florida maybe I could help by fostering..... :)

For now I would like to try and keep them here with me. The truth is if I could keep them forever here with me I would. This is so heartbreaking because I am hopelessly attached to every last one :crybaby: but I want them to be happy and loved the way they should. I know that keeping them IF there is a good home out there would be selfish.

I certainly will keep you posted though and if it becomes too much to handle I might take you up on that.

I posted somewhere else to see about maybe finding someone with some used crates to sell or even some they don't want, that's gonna help me big time. I just joined freecycle as well so hopefully I can get a few crates through them. The babies are sort of sharing crates right now because I don't have enough.

I also wanted to just add how happy I am that this forum exists :)
dopeychristy

Postby PitBullPride » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:03 pm

well if i can be of any help in the future let me know. :thumbsup:
PitBullPride

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:42 pm

I was going to post this earlier.... and I think that I am going to go ahead and follow through and do it now:

Pit Bull experienced homes are hard to find. Great responsible people are hard to find. Great, responsible, Pit Bull experienced homes that are willing and able to help are VERY hard to find. We have done rescue for quite a while and I say these things with confidence and sadness....

Please reconsider pitbullpride's offer to help. There is a network that is willing to help transport. You may be doing one of these pups a huge favor by letting pitbullpride help get it into a responsible forever home.

Also, please think about having the pups spayed/neutered BEFORE putting them into homes... this is a very responsible thing to do and I commend you greatly if you chose to do so.

Thank you for trying to do the right thing.
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby dopeychristy » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:32 pm

Steph-n-Wolf wrote:I was going to post this earlier.... and I think that I am going to go ahead and follow through and do it now:

Pit Bull experienced homes are hard to find. Great responsible people are hard to find. Great, responsible, Pit Bull experienced homes that are willing and able to help are VERY hard to find. We have done rescue for quite a while and I say these things with confidence and sadness....

Please reconsider pitbullpride's offer to help. There is a network that is willing to help transport. You may be doing one of these pups a huge favor by letting pitbullpride help get it into a responsible forever home.

Also, please think about having the pups spayed/neutered BEFORE putting them into homes... this is a very responsible thing to do and I commend you greatly if you chose to do so.

I am a pitbull experienced home. I have had my male for 3 years. I am NOT however a multiple pitbull experienced home.
We have been through quite a lot with my dog. I have had to learn the hard way about seperating him from other dogs and about watching him in certain situations. They are great dogs though and totally worth the effort.

I have 10 acres of land so having room to run and play with them is not an issue while caring for them. They are getting a lot of exercize and a lot of attention. I take one at a time with me in the car whenever I go somewhere, we rotate, a different pup each time. I am trying to socialize them with all different types of people so that later they will not be too weary of strangers.

It is a full time job. I have had to build little play yards for them, have even had to break up one puppy fight already and basically spend 24 hours a day with them. I have plans to build them nice strong and escape proof outside play yards, (if they can't get along then I can let them play seperately (no not unsupervised ;) ) other than the little temporary one that I have now.

They can't really have run of the house yet because they want to chew everything up LOL and also because they aren't too good about going potty outside yet. We spend most of our time out in the yard, I even set up my pic nic table right next to their yard so that I can sit outside while they play. They come in at nap time and at night to sleep in the crates I have right now . Is it normal to be that paranoid about puppies? I can't take my eyes off them!

I'm reading and learning as much as I can. I know that there are pits out there who need you all more than these right now, at least in the way of fostering. Yes, they do need forever homes and I do want that for them. I guess I'd just like to leave all of you free to foster the doggies who really have no one at all. Right now these guys are okay with me.

I really just want to get advice on making a good contract, how I should word it, what things I should look for when considering someone for them. Most of all if there is anyone in my area who may have a list of people looking or if there is an organization here who helps place pups wiith good homes.

It was my fault that this happened, I should have been more careful about my dog. The circumstances for the breeding could have and should have been avoided but you know what they say about hind sight. To sum it up, I don't want to push something off on you that I created. I want to see this through and do the right thing for these beautiful puppies.

I'm also fully prepared to keep them if that is what it comes to. If it's either me or someone stupid and primitive that will hurt or neglect them then it's going to be me. :)

Thank you so much for your offer and again if it gets to be too much I know where to find you. Just having you all here is a huge relief. I still can't believe it took me this long to find this forum!

Oh and I do plan to neuter them before they go.
dopeychristy

Postby PitBullPride » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:38 pm

Steph-n-Wolf wrote:I was going to post this earlier.... and I think that I am going to go ahead and follow through and do it now:

Thanks 8) Yes I am a devoted and responsible pitbull owner...lol. And I am always willing to do what I can to help anyone or their pittie...that many dogs that you will probably have to keep seperated will be quite over-whelming since they each need individual socialization and attention...just think deeper into that....we're thinking of the well being and quality of life for the dog. Kudos for arranging they're neutering. :thumbsup:
PitBullPride

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs