I've been bad

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby JessaNGizmo » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:26 pm

Good for you! I just found out today that my dads best friends across the street neighbors got a pit pup and are now getting rid of their 5 cats. So its only time until Im sure I get the pup also...I wish I could take the cats, but Giz and Baloo are VERY cat aggressive....
Jessa
JessaNGizmo

Postby GreddysAngel » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:40 pm

You did a good thing! Congrats on being so brave. I dont think I could ever do something like that. Althought one time this dog in our neighbor hood was barking all day long. The owner was a minister and kept the dog in a small kennel in the back yard all day alone because the dog would nip at the young children.
One night around 2 am me and my mom could sleep from all the barking, so we walked around the block and tried waking the ppl up (I dont think they were home). So we went and let the dog out of the kennel, played for a few minutes and left. What a peaceful night after that. :thumbsup:
GreddysAngel
Addicted to PBF

Postby caped dog » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:19 pm

that is ridiculously cool. its fun to be a biggie sometimes, huh? And HUGE praise for doing the neuters before the placement now it is done you don't even have to worry about the "what ifs" . I bet they had a hefty population of intestinal parasites, no?

You ROCK. M
caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Chocolate Thunda » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:02 pm

caped dog wrote:that is ridiculously cool. its fun to be a biggie sometimes, huh? And HUGE praise for doing the neuters before the placement now it is done you don't even have to worry about the "what ifs" . I bet they had a hefty population of intestinal parasites, no?

You ROCK. M
Oddly enough no worms but a poop load of fleas. I may need to bomb my house now.
Last edited by Chocolate Thunda on Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chocolate Thunda
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby phez718 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:39 am

Nasek718 wrote:Hodely

WTF? :huh?: lol

Mind and hands, Nasek. Mind and hands.
phez718

Postby dopeychristy » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:00 am

This comes at a funny time for me. There is a small dog, a little scotty or small terrier type dog that has been running loose around my house. I live in the country and there is no leash law here so people tend to just let all their dogs run loose. You should see some of the dogs we encounter everyday! I can't believe people are that stupid!

I have had several near misses when walking my 85 pound very dog aggressive pit. I found the owner of this small dog and have had to bring him home on 3 different occasions. I told the owner that I have big dogs that do not like other dogs and that his little guy would get killed if he didn't stay away from my property. Do you think this helped? Just yesterday I saw the little dog being chased by a larger dog and I jumped out of my car and yelled and the other dog ran the other way. Good thing for "benji" ( thats what we call him).

In anycase, yesterday while browsing free cycle I saw an ad that said "small dog wanted" ....I have had serious thoughts of getting this guy and just taking him somewhere. Would this be wrong? Shouldn't the owner care what happens to his dog? How hard can it be to take care of a little 20-25 pound dog?! For many of us this would be like child's play.

I really cannot fathom the idea of just letting your dog run around in the country with all kinds of diseased dogs, snakes, cars driving through. I just can't see it!

Sorry I know this wasn't really pitbull related.
dopeychristy

puppy saved

Postby texas pit stop » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:59 am

Nasek, when I grow up I want to be just like you! :)
texas pit stop

Re: puppy saved

Postby Chocolate Thunda » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:27 am

texas pit stop wrote:Nasek, when I grow up I want to be just like you! :)
I'm thinking about contracting myself out. 718 Dog Recovery. Like a pit bull bounty hunter.......I so need help! roflmao
Chocolate Thunda
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:12 pm

I am sure that I will be flamed for this, but I say contact the guy in the paper and if he checks out, by all means give binjie the friggin' home he deserves... sure beats being lunch!
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Hooligan » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:14 pm

I think that every time Nasek logs on we need to hear:
"He's a bad mutha...Shut your mouth!
I'm just talkin' 'bout Nasek."

That rocks! You are so awesome!
Hooligan

Postby mnp13 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:37 pm

Steph-n-Wolf wrote:I am sure that I will be flamed for this, but I say contact the guy in the paper and if he checks out, by all means give binjie the friggin' home he deserves... sure beats being lunch!

I agree. I was part of a rescue like this once. Young male Pit, covered in cigarette burns. I didn't take the dog, but I help transport him.

It's about the animals, not the people. If the owner cares so little about the dog that it is always loose, then whose to say it didn't get killed by another animal somewhere????

Find it a good home and get it to someone who will give a crap about it.

Michelle
mnp13

Postby AllAmericanPUP » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:58 pm

i agree, you should check the person on freecycle out, if they are good dog owners, then i think you should give this guy to them, his owners now obviously dont care much about him :(
AllAmericanPUP

Postby barbponys » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:56 pm

You ROCK Nasek. :headbang:
That's soo cool. I'm glad you did it. Really good looking pup too.

If you can get that little dog, and the person checks out? Absolutely get him a good home. The present owner doesn't deserve to have that poor little dog.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby Chocolate Thunda » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:09 pm

barbponys wrote:You ROCK Nasek. :headbang:
That's soo cool. I'm glad you did it. Really good looking pup too.

If you can get that little dog, and the person checks out? Absolutely get him a good home. The present owner doesn't deserve to have that poor little dog.
The male today went to his new home (why are puppies so easy to get placed) a Mona is enjoying chasing Gator around. You'd think it would be the other way around. So everything is looking up for these two. I may have to go get the brindle he just got. It's been cold here at nights so we'll wait and see. I really wish the Humane Society would do something about this guy.
Chocolate Thunda
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby barbponys » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 pm

That's great news Nasek. Glad he got a good home. Mona loves her big brother lol that's cool.

To bad so many things are illegal. And Karma looks down on evil deeds. This dude needs to have something far more serious to worry about than breeding dogs.
barbponys
Health Guru

Previous

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs