Mixed Pit available to the right person and her sad story!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Mixed Pit available to the right person and her sad story!

Postby jmet » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:12 pm

I have a dog that is up for grabs to anyone (responsible person with the right conditions for the dog) in the central Florida area.

I recently rescued her from terrible conditions.

The owners that had her, had her tied up in the back yard by her leash to a clothes line pole, with no cover from rain or cold. The last few months it has gotten as low as the mid to high 20's and we have had a decent amount of rain.

We noticed the dog was tied up for several months and even spoke to neighbors who stated the dog had never been off her leash, the dog was obviously being starved and I could fit my hands around her waist. (A dog who now weighs around 20-30+ pounds)

We called animal control and the county police several times both of which refused to get envolved.

So after several months of these conditions what broke the final straw for me was that the owners septic was over flowing and the poor dog was standing in an inch or two of septic water where she could not escape and had been drinking it as she wasn’t being fed or given water.

So my brother-in-law and I basically waited until night time and dog napped the poor girl. (Keep in mind we tried official help)

She’s a high energy dog, doesn’t have any training and therefore is an out side dog. Somewhere where she has room to roam and have fun.

My little back yard inside city limits just isn’t enough for the little girl so if you’re interested please let me know.

A great dog who LOVES people but just isnt right for being in the house. (Poor thing, it isnt her fault.)

She is about 15-20 inches tall, 20-30 pounds, 8-12 months old and seems to be Pit mixed with a smaller terrier breed.

If anyone is interested ill get pics of "Lizzy".
jmet

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs