Mirco the pocket Pit Bull

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:27 pm

If you can foster, Liesl's Luv-A-Bulls here in Oregon (MUCH closer to you) REALLY needs some foster homes.... hint, hint....
Steph-n-Wolf

Reply from rescue

Postby Katie » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:18 am

She wrote to let me know that he gets along with dogs right now, but is on pain medication for his leg. She doesn't know if things will change any when he's feeling better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I just want him to get along with Nini and Paco, our roomate's dog.
Katie

Micro's history

Postby Katie » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:39 am

Here is what the rescuer said:

He was fought and he lost pretty badly ( I assume because the winner would not have been discarded so easily even with a broken leg). His head and muzzle are covered with punctures and scrapes and many that go all the way through his lips. One of his canines is broken and there is a bite on his rear end the corresponds with the broken leg. Some of the punctures have abscessed in his neck and he is on antibiotics. He is also still fairly young and this may have been his first fight, he is only about 12-18 months, he has a while to grow into dog aggression.

She's concerned that Nini and Micro may have problems. I really don't think they will. I would of course still keep them separated while I wasn't around though.

So...we'll see what happens.
Katie

adoption

Postby Katie » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:10 am

I think you're absolutely right. I definitely want to wait until he is healed and off his pain medicine. I would certainly bring Nini with me to NC as well. We are about 4 or so hours away. If they didn't get along off the bat, I'd be sad, but, of course, couldn't take him.

If Nini and Micro stopped getting along after I'd already gotten him, I'd be heartbroken, but would have to deal with it.
Katie

adoption

Postby Katie » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:03 pm

Nini is female. Paco is male. However I have absolutely no doubt that they will get along. Paco is older, has had knee surgeries and hip surgeries, and is the biggest wimp you've ever met. I don't think he would even defend himself if attacked. He would just cry and shuffle away.
Katie

Postby pocketpit » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:12 pm

Inquiring minds want to know!
pocketpit

Postby Katie » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:43 am

After emailing the rescuer back and forth several times about him, we all decided that it probably wasn't the best idea. :sad:
Katie

little Micro

Postby Katie » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:30 pm

The rescuer really feels like he should be an only dog. She told me a horror story about another game-bred dog that she'd adopted to a family who already had a dog. They got along fine for a while, then decided they hated eachother. She is worried that while he may be alright with other dogs now (he may even be when he is not on pain medicine) that he may be too young to have really developed dog aggression yet.

I'll pull her emails about him (they're on my home computer and I'm at work) and send them to you.

KAB
Katie

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:37 pm

Littlefoot: ADOPT Micro!

Katie: Any word on Salor?
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:40 pm

he called to my heart as well, but I have two dogs that are not at all aggressive, but they play hard and it probably would due Micro better to have a lax home of obessive petting and couch snugglin' ... not my place, by far! Bike rides, swimming, wrasslin'... yep, that's us!
Steph-n-Wolf

Update!

Postby Katie » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:57 pm

I just got an email from Micro's rescuer. He was adopted to a forever home in Maryland!!
Katie

Postby PitBullPride » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:43 pm

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheerleader:
PitBullPride

Postby pocketpit » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:57 pm

:yipee:
pocketpit

Postby barbponys » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:10 pm

Ohhhhhh!!!!! That's AWESOME news!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYY MICRO!!!!
barbponys
Health Guru

Previous

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs