Muscle injuries

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Muscle injuries

Postby jmann4 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:24 pm

I noticed the number one injury with my dogs is they are always messing up their muscles. Either by pulling them or cramping. I rub my dogs down after every walk for 20-30 minutes to ensure against cramps but they still pop up from time to time.

Another injury is sprains, they tend to sprain a ankle once or twice a year.

Does anyone know of effective ways to treat/prevent these injuries.

I'm specifically interested in recovery supplments for muscles and joint supplements. Any body getting good results with anything, I'd like some advice. I currently don't feed specific supplements but add more protein in their diet for muscle recovery.

Any ideas would be welcome.
jmann4

Postby moto1320 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:43 am

I started Riley on Nutro because of a friends bully rescue that went from barely moving authritic ...to a bouncing boy because of the Glucosamine/Condrointin supplements on top of the amount that was added in the Nutro. My male slammed himself into things with all of the grace of a wrecking ball all of the time with no trouble ever. Including but not limited to... jumping out of the car at full speed for a squirell. I've trusted in the supplements ever since. Never had any joint problems or cramping with either one. Since moving Daisy from Nutro to Innova (which doesn't have it), I've been waiting to add anything until I decide on an all around supplement- but it will include these.
moto1320
Regulator

Return to Health Issues