Local Pet Stores

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby blover27 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:02 pm

holy crap those shirts are funny...i dont even think i could walk around with some of those shirts roflmao
blover27

Postby pollypop » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:13 pm

Pets Plus is a small local chain in the Philadelphia area. The location I use is at 9901 Roosevelt Boulevard in NE Philly.

They carry most of the high quality cat and dog foods out there, like Wellness, Evolve, Chicken Soup, Innova, California Natural, Nutro, and others. Also, lots of dog toys, collars, beds, bowls, and stuff like that.

(They also sell cross-breed puppy mill puppies like "bugs" and "malti-poos" and, lately, something they call a "schnocker." :yucky: :po: )
pollypop

Postby phez718 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:47 pm

polly: I've been to PetsPlus, my friend is the fish person at one. I HATE how they sell cross breeds. I like the store, but it sickens me when I see those pups.
phez718

Postby pollypop » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:59 pm

I love the range of products they carry, particularly when it comes to food products, but am enraged at those :po: puppies. $800 for a mixed breed dog. If you want a mutt of uncertain lineage, there are plenty of lovely homeless ones DYING at shelters. Last time we were there they had a $2000 bullmastiff.

:wallbang:

I wish there were some other store around here that carried as much premium food (cat, dog, fish, reptile) food as they do, or that they didn't sell those puppies. I hate to support puppy-milling, even inadvertantly, but if my dogs have to eat kibble I'm not going to feed them an inferior food, either. :frown:
pollypop

Postby SuperNova » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:22 am

Know of any stores like that in the Mesa/Phoenix area ?? I only found one ..
SuperNova
Matured Bully

pet stores

Postby Maryellen » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:41 pm

Newton NJ- Natures Cove Pet Center- Canidae, Wellness , Nutro lots of dog toys, bones and collars/leashes

J &G Pet Supply Newton NJ- has Wellness, Solid Gold, etc more holistic foods, small store, but good prices.mostly pet food and accessories.
Maryellen

Postby pitbullforever » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:55 pm

i don't like any pet store that sell dogs and kittens because of puppy mills and mistreatment of the animals. i like petco and petsmart because they don't sell puppies and the only cats they sell are from shelters and you have to go to the shelter to fill out an application (just like anyother animal at the shelter) i did just hear some bad things about petco though, but i'm not sure if i believe it yet.
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby nessa » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:42 am

Skeptik wrote:Arlington, TX

Adam's Feeds

I was feeding Keiko Science Diet Puppy until I started reading through these forums. This store carries Wellnes, Canidae, Innova, Nutra, and some other brands that I could not find in most pet stores. I gave her some wellness puppy last night, and she LOVED it.

Holy CRAP!!! There's Canidae to be had in Arlington? I looked on their website and they said they didn't have anyone that sold it in Texas.

Right now, my fav store is Canine Commisary. They have a couple of stores in the Dallas area. They sell everything BUT Canidae and Timberwolf, from what I can tell.

I was feeding Iams :oops: Then I switched to Diamond because of its fat and protein content, but I see that its got corn, so next I was going to go to Wellness puppy, but if I can get this Canidae that everyone raves about I think I'll try that instead! Hmmm. Wellness or Canidae, Wellness or Canidae ........

Thanks for the tip, Skeptik
nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Addy1423 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:34 am

There is a Pet store in Louisville called Pet Palace. Its isnt where we go to buy our food but it is jam packed with all kinds of fish and reptiles which include 75lb+ turtles, 6ft+ snakes, and an assortment of exotic fish that rivals a zoo. They have one of the neatest stores I have ever been to, and the best thing about it is that its almost a mom and pop business but dont be mistaken all the animals are in great shape. :))
Addy1423
Matured Bully

Postby tjbsandy » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:30 am

In Greensboro NC, My favorite is All pets Considered. They're involved in rescue, the owner is always there, and she actually cares about your opinion regarding toys, treats, etc.

http://allpetsconsidered.com/
tjbsandy

Postby bustersmom » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:25 pm

no pet store here in the city i live in. its very small. have to buy my food at wal-mart. i live an hour from reno and i dont know it very well so i dont know where any pet stores are.
bustersmom
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby pitbullforever » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:07 pm

i don't really like petstores that sell animals but petsmart is a great store and petco is ok. :))
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby Svafa » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:37 am

PEThingz - Littleton, MA

Good variety of foods, treats, etc. Employees are super nice and helpful, they always have some sort of rescue group in on the weekends - last few weekends have been kitties and then Greyhounds. BIG toy selection, too. Great price on Canidae, which is how I found them in the first place. :)
Svafa

Postby pitbullforever » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:23 pm

there is another great pet store here too its called red barn i haven't gone there in forever, but its a great store!!!! :))
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby aaron kahn » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:11 am

I believe in supporting your small, locally owned, shops whenever possible. This only applies, of course, if this shop carries what you want and is operated by someone you want to support! I stay away from the national chains at all cost- even if it costs a liitle more.

In Seattle I like Bark, which Kirstan mentioned, as well as: Ideal Pet Stop in the Seward Park area- owned by Anne of www.pitbullproject.org, Crown Hill Pet, which seems to carry many types of food (i feed raw chicken), and the place in Fremont- I think it is called Barleys. These are all owned by people who I like and want to see in business, and they are all pitbull friendly. For treats I sometimes walk up to Mud Bay Grainery, which is a local chain.

Remember- if you like your neighbors, help them stay in business!
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues