Update on Micro and Sailor

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Update on Micro and Sailor

Postby Katie » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:49 pm

Nini and I drove to NC yesterday and met Sailor, Micro, and Cash. I have new pics of all of them. I am still trying to figure out how to post them though.

Nini and Sailor got along fine. There was an incident when Sailor tried to play with Amy's cat though. He has a habit of gently putting his mouth on animals. He did this to Amy's cat. Naturally, he was very frightened by this. Then Nini got excited and jumped in. The cat is fine but Amy got scratched up. Since this happened, my boyfriend and I decided to not have both dogs in the same room as any of the cats.

Sailor is getting neutered today and starts his heart worm treatment in one week. I'll drive up there to pick him up in two weeks!!

[/img]
Katie

Postby X-girl » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:51 pm

That's great! Congrats!

May I ask what Nini is wearing in your avatar?
X-girl
Regulator

Postby Katie » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:09 pm

In Nini's avatar, she's wearing a frilly pink dress. For her birthday (which we just made up a convenient day for) she had a doggy dress up b-day party. She was a princess ballerina. She had little ballet slippers that I made for her, but they didn't last long. Our friends brought their dogs in costume. She has met them all before and gets along with them. I had a birthday cake for her, lots of toys and treats for all the dogs, and even bought a kiddie pool for the occassion. There was one dog whom my roomates invited that Nini fought with. In the background of the photo you can see a broken pot. That was broken when she tried to fight that guest. :roll:
Katie

Postby X-girl » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:15 pm

roflmao roflmao

I thought she had a frilly dress on or, maybe, a nightgown! That is too freakin' funny! Thanks for sharing the event details. I would love to see more pics of Nini in her dress, too!
X-girl
Regulator

Postby Katie » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:17 pm

Micro was sweet. He had a lot of energy. He didn't sit still much (even on pain killers and with a broken leg).

Cash was REALLY hyper. He's very affectionate and jumps right on you, which could be scary for some people since he's so big. He whined and barked a lot in his crate as well. He probably needs to go to someone with a big yard and experience with large dogs.
Katie

Postby pocketpit » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:23 pm

Stop posting pictures of that adorable little boy I can't have!
Thanks for the update, I was wondering how everything was going.
pocketpit

Re: Update on Micro and Sailor

Postby PitBullPride » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:03 pm

Katie wrote:Nini and I drove to NC yesterday and met Sailor, Micro, and Cash. I have new pics of all of them. I am still trying to figure out how to post them though.

Nini and Sailor got along fine. There was an incident when Sailor tried to play with Amy's cat though. He has a habit of gently putting his mouth on animals. He did this to Amy's cat. Naturally, he was very frightened by this. Then Nini got excited and jumped in. The cat is fine but Amy got scratched up. Since this happened, my boyfriend and I decided to not have both dogs in the same room as any of the cats.

Sailor is getting neutered today and starts his heart worm treatment in one week. I'll drive up there to pick him up in two weeks!!

[/img]

Awwwww so you are adopting Sailor?????He is so handsome.
PitBullPride

SAILOR

Postby Katie » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:43 pm

I got news yesterday from Amy, Sailor's rescuer in NC, that he has had some complications after his neutering. He has lost 9 lbs since his surgery on Monday. His white count is over 35,000 and has had a lot of straining to have a bowel movement. The doctor(s) ruled out any foreign object in his digestive tract. They don't know what's wrong with him. They have him on iv antibiotics and are giving him fluids. Hopefully he will turn around soon.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
Katie

Postby X-girl » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:45 pm

:sad: I hope Sailor is OK. Poor little guy, he's been through a lot. Our thoughts are with him.
X-girl
Regulator

Postby PitBullPride » Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:47 pm

Im sure he will be fine!!!!!!!! I'll say a prayer for him.
PitBullPride

Sailor boy

Postby Katie » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:31 am

I talked to Amy and the vet yesterday. He's started keeping some food down and seems to be perking up a bit. They think he has a polyp. Apparently his rectum prolapsed some as well. The vet wants to do surgery. Of course he's in no shape for it right now. They're hoping the swelling will go down and when he regains his strength, they can remove the polyp. Things are looking better but he's still not out of the woods yet.
Katie

Postby PitBullPride » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:19 pm

I hope he pulls through.
PitBullPride

sailor boy

Postby Katie » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:16 pm

Sailor is back at home with Amy, his foster mom. She thought he really wasn't ready to leave the hospital but seems to be doing okay. Jason and I (and Nini) will drive up to see him this weekend. If he is stable, we are going to go ahead and drive him back home with us. He will start his heart worm treatment and have his polyp removed when he gets stronger.
Katie

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:18 pm

Thank you so very much for adopting that wonderful boy... my heart screamed when I saw him on PBRC... You are my hero right now!

:bowdown:
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby X-girl » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:58 pm

Fingers (and paws) are crossed for a speedy recovery! Good luck to you!
X-girl
Regulator

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs