Blue/white pups coming available...

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Blue/white pups coming available...

Postby Diane Jessup » Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:58 am

Anyone interested in blue/white or blue brindle and white pups should check out a litter that just came into Recyle-a-bull rescue. They are about 6 weeks. 7 of them, all girls but one. They have demodex mange at this time, and are being treated. Go ahead and take a peak at them: www.workingpitbull.com/recycleabull2.htm If you are interested (and within driving distance of Washington state) please contact me at: boldogkennel@hotmail.com
Thank you!
Diane Jessup
Diane Jessup

How long are they gonna stay with momma dog?

Postby disSanFranchised » Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:38 pm

Just wondering. ;) I love the little white-headed one - always a sucker for the lightbulb heads. But I am up to my elbows in rudeboy blues right now - my own, and Buzz who just lost his goddamn foster-to-adopt home.

Sigh.

:dj:

That emoticon has no bearing on my post, but I felt compelled to use it. Heh.
disSanFranchised
Superintendent God-Botherer

What happened to the 2 pups?????

Postby turtle » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:18 pm

Hey Diane, I was looking at your site at the pics of those 7 sweet little blue & white pups, the ones with Demodex. Poor little babies....

But I see on your site you have only 5 of them? Did you put down 2 of them? Why? Seems the treatment for the Demodex had barely started. I know it takes a long time to get it under control.

How's the mom doing? Hope they all get feeling better quickly. Looks like you have them all in a good pen.
turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Annie » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:21 pm

Maybe in the new year, Diane! Till then I'm in the throes of a cross-country move.
Annie
Newborn Bully

2 put down

Postby Diane Jessup » Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:24 am

One pup was put down as her entire side sloughed (sp?) off and was just raw puss. The vet said she probably had a compromised immune system. She was in horrible pain. Poor little bastard.

The other one was put down for temperament. She was a complete freak. Screamed bloody murder of approached by any dog or person, even her mother.

Mom was euthanized as there was no hope of finding her a foster home and i only have a couple more weeks before surgery. She was a "low rider" and had real soundness issues. She was VERY lame in the front, not sure there wasn't something really wrong with her shoulders other than being bred to be "out at the elbow". I would have found it difficult to have represented her as an adoptable dog, knowing she would have arthritis and other problems. That is the reason I want to hang on to these pups in foster for a while - make sure the are structurally sound. They LOOK ok at this time, luckily!!!! I'd feel like crap if I gave someone a dog which turned out to be a medical nightmare.
Diane Jessup

Postby turtle » Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:25 pm

Well, you now have most of the pups in better shape and fostered. That pup who's side was such a mess, would this be caused by the demodex? Or another infection? I am sure she must have been in misery and if it was that bad, well not much more you could have done with limited resources. And the terrified screaming pup does not sound normal, poor thing.

Did the mom have temperament issues too? Or was it just her poor physical condition and bad structure? I can not help but feel a pang that she was put down since she took such good care of her babies in such bad circumstances. Would good care and good nutrition have helped bring her around? I know bad physical flaws are nothing one wants to breed but as a pet, would she have been ok? Not totally sound but able to be a companion?

It's a hard line to chose life or death for any animal and I was just trying to better understand the choices you made.

But to look on the bright side, now those remaining 5 pups will get a better life.
turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Annie » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:48 am

I'm sorry the mom and two other pups weren't viable, but I'm also glad you'll be able to concentrate your energy and resources on the ones who are likely to find good homes and live healthy, comfortable lives.

Meanwhile, it's wonderful to see Helen looking so chipper and alert. She seems like a great girl!
Annie
Newborn Bully

Postby atenara » Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:14 am

ELO!!!!
i just wanna know if MITE is still available?
how much it will cost if im from manila philippines?
can you post a picture of MITE(updated)?
atenara

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs