Delay in food order

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Delay in food order

Postby Suade » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:04 am

I ordered another bag of Innova, and for some reason I wont recieve it until Thursday, but I ran out of food today...what should I do??? give her the food she ate prior to Innova?? I guess I kinda miscalculated time, any suggestions are appreciatted.

Oscar
Suade

Postby moto1320 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:38 am

You could give her something easy on her stomach while waiting, like boiled chicken and rice, or fish and rice. I have done this in the past to avoid causing the runs with a sudden diet switch. It's easily digestible.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby Suade » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:24 pm

you mean just boil some chicken breast w/ no additives, & white rice?? how do you cook the rice.....?? I know how to cook rice, but not for dogs.......I assume, just water??

thanks for the reply
Suade

Postby Cashus » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:32 pm

You can just boil the chicken and rice without having to add anything at all to it. No Salt, No nothing. I hope your dog can accept that until she gets he regular food. Good Luck :)
Cashus

Postby Justice82003 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:37 pm

I think I remember reading that you should overcook the rice. I could be wrong so don't quote me on that.

Joe
Justice82003

Postby Suade » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:39 am

well I went ahead with the chicken & rice yesterday evening, this morning. So far so good......no runny stools yet. :peace:

thanks
Suade

Postby concreterose » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:36 pm

How'd your training go with your pup?
concreterose
Regulator

Postby moto1320 » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:36 pm

Suade wrote:you mean just boil some chicken breast w/ no additives, & white rice?? how do you cook the rice.....?? I know how to cook rice, but not for dogs.......I assume, just water??

thanks for the reply

glad it's going well- yep, just plain. Bland as hell to us, but they seem to love it. This is what I use for the upset tummy too, it's really mild. You can add chicken livers too or anything like that, they are cheaper. Daisy loves tuna and you can get the generic brand of that for really cheap as well.
moto1320
Regulator

Return to Health Issues