help me get Jojo out

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

help me get Jojo out

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:40 pm

I posted a thread about a potental foster dog named Jojo. She is young, healthy, beautiful... the shelter that she is in is a kill shelter in a rotton area for this breed.

There has been a small network of rescuers involved with her, most second-hand.

Jojo is kenneled with a few other females in the shelter and is sweet with them. She has not shown any dog or cat aggression. I guess she has passed personalitie tests with flying colors, as well. Basically an all-around wonderful dog...

There was a family that came to see her, but they did not leave with her. She is still there.

I have considered fostering her... the only issues are these:

The rescuer here (Liesl) has a personal traveling need and will be leaving on th 15th for a few weeks. She has a kenneling situation and help to care for her dogs while gone, but is completely unable to take in a dog right now. She feels bad asking me to take in Jojo as I have expressed how I am unable to keep dogs seperated (exept for when not home or supervised) permanatly if they cannot stand to look at eachother. I can totally handle behavior issues and annoyances between dogs, but that dog-aggression DRIVE is outside of my ability to properly handle right now. This is supposed to not be a problem with this dog, but with Liesl gone I would not have any back up plan or assistance of Jojo decided to take a liking towards eating my dogs.... I cannot take a dog out of a shelter to risk bringing it back; it is just not an option...

I need suggestions in general, but also some of the Northwesterners real-time help on this... I think Pat Cook went and met Jojo.. I would like to hear what she thinks.... Can anyone comit to assisting me if things do not work out here, at least for the few weeks that Liesl is away? Anyone want a great foster dog?

I have an issue with lack of transportation now, as well. My husband is working out of town at the moment... I travel in town on bike (with my son in a bike cart and the dogs attached for the fun of the run)... However, Jojo is in Klamath Falls, and I am in Eugene.... Not QUITE biking distance...

I feel a bit stuck and would like to network with some of the other bully-heads in this area about this.

General suggestions are very much welcomed, as well.

Thank you.
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Motodiva » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:55 pm

I have a female who is picky about who she likes, so I would have a hard time fostering (maybe), but I think I could work in taking you to Klamath Falls this week. Please let me know. Also, I may be able to help with fostering on a weekend so you could have a break.

I am not totally committing as I have not spoken with my husband yet, but I'm fairly certain that we can help with transport. I do have family coming this weekend though, so I would prefer to go this week. I am off work for the week so my schedule is wide open.

youngstock@comcast.net

Sanya
Motodiva
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:58 pm

i would love to take you up on that offer and go this week... we are in Eugene... I can give directions to where we are, and look up the shelter and map quest it... I will work my chops off on getting the rest of this together, but having a way to get back and forth is wonderful. Thank you so much!
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Motodiva » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:18 pm

Email me with what works best for you and I will make it work!
Motodiva
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Kirstan » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:22 pm

I could probably find a place for her if I could get someone to foster a male for us. He's pushing 70#, big, sweet, doofy, darling, brindle and white, likes all the girls and most of the boys so far and just loves puppies, he's a little over a year, kennels well, UNtrained, freshly pulled, neutered, vaccinated and microchipped. He'll be a dream when he gets some human time instead of being left in the yard all day by himself and crated all night as in his prior home. Now he's crated part day, walked/jogged, played with, and is learning that muddy paws need to be wiped clean before you run across foster mommy's carpets... he's really getting good at stopping his freight train body b/f slamming into her to get his feet wiped. He's just so excited to get to come inside.

He's a dream of a dog in the temperament department. I think he'd make a hell of a weight pull dog when he gets a bit older. He's a robot (thanks for that term, Jaq) for food, will excel in agility and obedience and he already makes GREAT eye contact.

kirstan
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:35 pm

Pat (barbpony) may be a good foster home... We have been talking back and forth about her fostering for Liesl, but with Liesl leaving she has not wanted to move dogs around and not be here afterwards (makes complete sense)... Pat has one female PB that gets along great with boys... keep her in mind...
Last edited by Steph-n-Wolf on Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby barbponys » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:03 pm

I'd love to meet him Kirstan. Any idea how he is with cats??? Garion could use a rambunctious playmate, and I have 2 extra large crates so he would have a place to stay. I also have the option of bringing him to work for socialization, and one on one training. Let me know.

Oh, I'm out of town starting tomorrow, will be back Tuesday.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby Kirstan » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:50 pm

Hard to say - I'm having Erin try to find her neighbors cat to see. We've used him for all our testing since he's super easygoing and dog savvy.

Thanks for the info~

k.
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs