Please help this pit bull in NY

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Please help this pit bull in NY

Postby Maryellen » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:54 am

----- Message Forwarded on Thu, 07 Oct 2004 08:23:34 -0400
-----
HI Maryellen -
I received this from a fellow rottie rescuer in upstate NY. Please forward if you have any contacts in the NYC area left that could help with pitt rescue... If anyone would like to help, please contact Krissie at the witchiewoman email or Terry at the terry4553@verizon.net addy they are the ones coordinating the pull of the rottie. Thanks Tam
----- Forwarded by Tami L Burns/Standard/PawlingCorp on 10/07/04 07:59 AM -----

Krissie <witchiewoman1973@yahoo.com>
10/07/04 01:41 AM

To: Tammi NERR <tburns@pawling.com>
cc:
Subject: Fwd: [majestyrescue] FW: please help
( Rott and Pitt)

Here's the post on the 2 dogs .........

Note: forwarded message attached.
~Krissie
Majesty Rottweiler Rescue
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/majestyrescue/
www.majestyrescue.petfinder.org
" The ones who make a difference are the ones who try..."

----- Message from "Terry" <terry4553@verizon.net> on Wed, 6 Oct 2004 21:07:48 -0400 -----
To:
"Majestyrescue" <majestyrescue@yahoogroups.com>
Subject:
[majestyrescue] FW: please help
This message was just sent to me, is there anyone that can do an evaluation on this Rottie for me? We need to get both these Dogs out of there right away!!! I know there are some Pitt rescues on this list, please cross post this to trusted people. This is horrible!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry
= ==========================================================
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 4:17 PM
To: Vicky Terry; shepherdhaven; SHEREE KISER; Pat Walraven; Norma Cunningham; libby4dogs; KYPitBullLover@aol.com; Kricket; Gladhillsa@aol.com; FurryFriendsNet@aol.com; ehauck@comcast.net; Dorothy C Dunning; Cindy; Cheryl Johansen; Bdsalt@aol.com; "tanya jones"; 16paws@kih.net; Cila Herman
Subject: Fw: please help

Can you please forward to ANYONE you know who may be able to pull these 2 loving boys out of hell?? This is a crying shame....Please pass to any Rottie & lab/pit rescue folks you know...Thanks!

debbie

---- Original Message -----
To: Karen Fortier ; The Rices ; tntserve@adelphia.net ;
4Doxies 4 ME Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 4:00 PM
Subject: Fw: please help

I know we all rescue small dogs for the most part but if
anyone has contacts that may be able to help please forward this email to them.

Thanks so much,
Kim Ruesler

I am writing to you with the high hopes that you will be
able to help me help two beautiful loving dogs who are
being forced to live a life of neglect and abuse. I had the pleasure of meeting these 2 boys today after reading a heartfelt plea from a neighbor of these dogs trying desperately to find them new homes. Fenster is a gorgeous chocolate lab /pit bull mix. He has light chestnut eyes and a light brown coat. He rolls over to show his belly to any human that approaches him. All he wants is some love.
Fenster has been tied to a tree in a filthy Brooklyn
backyard for the better part of 2 years (from what I understand). He has basically dug a hole about 2.5 feet wide and 8 inches deep where his leash ends, desperately trying to break free. He is not allowed in the house, no
matter what the weather. Zach, his companion, is an old
gentle rottweiller. He has gooky eyes, and crusty ears. He sits and waits to be petted. He is just about the sweetest dog I ever met. I am guessing Fen to be about 2ish & Zach to be around 8ish, tho it is hard to tell. Sometimes an young dog can look much older than his years when he is neglected like this. I brought the boys a blanket, some treat bones & some big chewy real bones to help them occupy their empty days. There is debris all over the backyard, and they had no water. When we gave them water, they sucked it down eagerly. They seem to be well fed, tho I doubt its with any kind of regularity. The owner begged me to take them, but unfortunately, I have 3 dogs & 2 cats in an 800 sq ft apt. Otherwise I Would have left with the 2 of them immediately. There is an old dog house in the backyard that is big enough for one of them, but I couldn't get a straight answer from the owner on what happens to the one dog who cant make it in the dog house during inclimate weather. I even found a dog molar in the dirt. I need to
help these dogs. Please help me. No dog deserves to live
like this. Please please help.

thanks so much for all that you do---
melissa prezioso

[Attachment: _2_1F6400006E4C0042226285256F26]
[Attachment: _2_22DC00006FEC0042226285256F26]
[Attachment: _2_247C00006FEC0042226285256F26]
Maryellen

Postby Kirstan » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:25 am

Has AC or the A been notified?
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby Maryellen » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:09 pm

I dont know. i sent an email to the aspca this morning in ny, but i never heard back from them, a rottie rescue is taking the rott, but they wont take the pit mix:( i crossposted the email around, now i am just waiting to hear. the dogs are not in a shelter, they are in a homeowners yard the person doesnt want the dogs anymore.
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:34 am

Both dogs are now in the care of the Newark Animal Shelter in Newark NJ. they were taken from the home in Brooklyn and are now somewhat safe. they will at least now get medical attention.
Maryellen

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs