Three Bull Dogs Rescue...

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Three Bull Dogs Rescue...

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:35 pm

Who is this rescue? I know that there are member of it on this board... but I have not figured out the connection...

I keep coming across the puppy "Bug" on PBRC... I wanted to knwo how he was doing, if he was in foster, etc... I am VERY active with my dogs and appriciate highly-driven hyper freak dogs that enjoy running, biking, agility, etc... so my heart goes out to the little guy and I just wanted to know in general how he was doing and make contact with the rescue that has him...

Thanks everyone :tongue:
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby pocketpit » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:52 am

Kirstan is a member of this board and the driving force behind the rescue which is also known as Bullseye Rescue.
pocketpit

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:55 am

OOOKAY!

NOW it makes sense! I know Kirstan... and I know of Bullseye... and now I "get" the connection and why I knew of Three Bull Dog....

Now I just wanna know how Bug is doing! :)
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Kirstan » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:39 pm

He's fantastic! He needs a home, he's lightening fast. He's learned not to kill chickens or open the rabbit hutch when foster mom is with him. She's learned to keep him cabled/crated/leashed to her when she's not able to be on him every second. He's good with other dogs SO FAR. He'd taste cats if he could but he's learned to not try it when humans are around.

He had horrid mange, a hairline fracture, and an attitude when we got him. The attitude has stayed intact but in a good way, his mange has cleared up, AND his leg healed without a limp. He's brilliant. I love him. He's good with kids. He's a GREAT agility prospect! Wanna foster him? His foster mom has a lot of dogs to work right now - she's fine with him and is working him.

He's a nifty little pup for sure!

kirstan
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:09 pm

I've been thinking about fostering... I have a bad case of foster-fever if it were the "right" dog... I have been trying very hard to get Jojo out of the pound, but Liesl has somewhat dropped off the face of the Earth (she is getting ready to leave for a few weeks, her birthday just passed, etc) and I cannot get a response from her on rather she want me to pull her or not! I have transportation set up already, and TWO other fosterers that are willing to take her... *Sigh* ... The pound that she is in has not returned my inquiry, as well! :sad:

I am still getting my place more and more set up and comfortable for so many cridders... (we just moved a few moths ago)... by the end of the week I should have the house to the point that I would not be pulling my hair out with having another dog here! I have a huge and wonderful yard, but it is not fenced in! :sad: Which is making yard play tough since I can only take on dog out at a time, on leash. However, I go for long walks with the dogs, jogs, and A LOT of bike riding... the fence would just be easier for ME! :tongue:

I have a toddler... The hyper dog with young kid thing is not my concern, but I cannot for safety sake have ANY aggression (towards people), dominance, excessive shyness, etc because of my son.

We have cats, so the over-the-top unmanagable drive is not the best for us. They are dog savvycats, and not together unsuperviesd with the dogs (Rosie would probably like just fine to eat one or two for lunch, if given the chance!)

Dog aggression further than behavior issues and annoyances between dogs is out, too. I cannot keep dogs seperated long term that just cannot stand to look at eachother. I have two dogs, one male, one femal. Both are very dog friendly... I need similar behavior from a foster, unless it was very short term....

Bug seems like a great dog. There were others that really jumped out at me, as well.

Lets keep talkin'!

:))
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Kirstan » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:20 pm

You can email me anytime - I'm pretty slammed at work but will check emails in the EARLY morning or at night after work, dinner, exercise, dogs dinner. Usually around 9 or so.

I've got a lot of lovely dogs right now - Bug is fabulous and learning quickly. He's great with kids, tried to run for the hills when another dog jumped him over plastic wrap and is just looking for someone to teach him stuff. Not sure about cats but he had the smackdown laid on him about chickens/rabbits and has been quite the lovely little man about them now. I don't believe that work was purely positive though his actual work is done by marker training.

None of the dogs in our program show any human aggression, excessive shyness, or dominance (not responsible to place with those traits IMO) nor do they show overt dog aggression (just too hard to place in pet homes).

JoJo may be an option for a friend of mine who lost her dog or another family I'm interviewing soon (tomorrow) if my girls now don't work out. I'll ask Pat to find out about her since she knows Crystal at the shelter.

Email anytime!
k.
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:35 pm

When you find out about Jojo from Pat/Crystal, please let me know how she is doing. I really want to see her get out of there and into a safe foster or forever home. I am willing to help in any way that is needed... including fostering if it is needed. It would be wonderful, though, for her to go right into a home!

And I KNOW that you do not adopt out dogs with those traits, but I was somewhat speaking in general... esp. if I were to aid in a pick up and temp foster situation in the future... Sometimes you do not know all of a dogs attributes until they have been with you for a while. Rosie is like that for me: she is a wonderful dog that loves other animals and people. But she does have some minor issues due to HORRIBLE abuse as a puppy. Those issues (which are light) did not even show in the least until several weeks after I had her in my home. She is safe and wonderful, and I love her with all of my heart, but I WOULD NOT rehome this dog.

Liesl has a dog that came to her and did wonderfully until the first time she turned on a lawn mower. She (the dog) will viciously attack mowers, weed wakers, hoses, etc... not the people that hold them, but the object. Problem is, she will scale a 6 ft wooden fence like nothing to eat the neighbors' mower, as well. You can see how this would be a very serious issue in rehoming!

I have digressed

:oops:

I am a full-time stay-at-home mom and college student that is currently taking classes on line. Having another dog here as a foster would work out really well... by the end of the wekk at least! :))
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:41 pm

Double post... I know... Oh well...

Airis

Whats up with that little pumpkin'?! He is far too cute lol he kinda looks like a little cow in the picture, with those "moo" markings!

He has two different colored eyes, like Rosie (Rosie's are brown and yellow)....

Rosie was wormy, flea eaten, etc. when she came to us as a puppy as well.... Poor puppers - I hate that.
Steph-n-Wolf

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs