WA - 9 Week Old Female Puppy Needs Foster/Permanent Home

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

WA - 9 Week Old Female Puppy Needs Foster/Permanent Home

Postby JaquelineC » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:26 pm

Ellie is a 9 week old light chocolate female APBT - She is one of two puppies rescued from a BYB situation. Ellie is the female in the purple collar without white markings:

Ellie is VERY loving and cuddly, she would rather spend time getting attention and lying in your lap than play most of the time. She has started her potty training, and has been very good about going on her potty pads when inside the house.

She needs a loving and experienced foster or permanent home who will love her and raise her up to be the well-mannered, sweet little breed ambassador I know that she will be.

Ellie has had her first round of vaccinations and her worming will be complete on the 14th - She will be spayed and microchipped before she is adopted.

Please don't hesitate to contact me via Private Message, Email: Jaqueline C@ wsmortgage .net (spaces removed), or Phone: (425) 880-6479 if you are interested in fostering or adopting this beautiful little angel.
JaquelineC

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:52 pm

So, what do you say? You take Jojo, and I take the pup? :)) Waht is the story with the other pup? Is he/she in foster/home? Did the parents get fixed? Just interested in the story...
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby tankers12 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:56 pm

Jaq's keeping the other pup :) (I don't know this for sure.) Their dad is fixed and I was told their fixing the mom soon.
tankers12

Postby caped dog » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:42 pm

tankers12 wrote:Jaq's keeping the other pup :) (I don't know this for sure.) Their dad is fixed and I was told their fixing the mom soon.

you guys ROCK. :thumbsup: thanks for getting in there and spay/neutering the adults *in addition to* nabbing some BYB pups. That'll be 50 points for team "responsible rescue"
caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby JaquelineC » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:34 pm

Steph-n-Wolf wrote:So, what do you say? You take Jojo, and I take the pup? :)) Waht is the story with the other pup? Is he/she in foster/home? Did the parents get fixed? Just interested in the story...

lol - I don't think I'd be able to handle poor JoJo long term at this point! I have SIX pits in the house right now - These two lil' buggers, my three, and another 12 week old foster boy named Kito...

That's the reason we're trying to find her another foster home - I'm up to my ears in pitties! lol

Check out This Thread for their story. DopeyChristy asked me about them, so my response is a little ways down.

I was very stoked when Dale told me that they had gotten their male fixed and were planning on getting the female done soon - I wouldn't have felt very good about taking pups from that situation with the parent still intact to do it all over again. In fact, I probably wouldn't have been able to at all - So WTG Dale!!

:headbang:
JaquelineC

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:43 pm

I have seen Kito on PBRC... I want to help. I have a space for a non dog argo foster right now... I have been throwing the idea around with Kirstan on another thread... You have the pup, Kito, ... Who else? Temperments?

I better get to working on the house so that I can wow the pants off of my husband ... so that he wont freak at me bringing in another dog! (We have talked about it and he is not opposed....)
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby JaquelineC » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:54 pm

Steph-n-Wolf wrote:I have seen Kito on PBRC... I want to help. I have a space for a non dog argo foster right now... I have been throwing the idea around with Kirstan on another thread... You have the pup, Kito, ... Who else? Temperments?

I better get to working on the house so that I can wow the pants off of my husband ... so that he wont freak at me bringing in another dog! (We have talked about it and he is not opposed....)

The three fosters I have now are Kito, and these two pups, Ellie & Arson. I am keeping the male, Arson, until he either finds a permanent home - Or I realize that I'm kidding myself and he's staying... lol

Kito I'm fostering for Kirstan - Ellie & Arson for Dale & myself. I need to cut down by one foster. Preferably Ellie, as two 9 week old siblings are HARD - Especially when it's nearly impossible to separate them.

Ya want her? lol

I have a guy coming out to meet her tonight - But I have no idea if the guy will be 'right' for her or not. We'll see...

P.S. - Thanks Caped Dog! :)
JaquelineC

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:00 pm

Here's to hoping that it is the right home for her.... as going into a "real" home is so much better than more fostering! Please let me know how it goes.

Tell me about Kito, too... him and Airis are too cute!
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby JaquelineC » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:10 pm

Kito is a goof!

Here's part of a message I sent Kirstan yesterday about him:

Kito has been doing pretty well - Only a couple of accidents in the house (pee only - no pooping), and he hasn't made a mess in his crate even once yet! Even being in there the whole day when I'm at work - I was really surprised by that.

He is VERY vocal - He's constantly growling, grumbling, barking and whining when he wants something or doesn't get his way. He's been going up to Deegan when Deegan's chewing on a bone and getting right up in has face and barking loudly ('Hey! Gimme That!') - Obviously that had to be stopped immediately.

He barks when he's crated and doesn't want to be - But is quiet when the other dogs are crated too, for the most part. He's figured out how to get through my fence somehow, so I have to watch him constantly when he's out in the yard...

He's eating like a horse, and if I didn't know any better, I'd say he looks better weight and coat wise already. He's learning his name, and will stop doing something naughty when I say no... Usually.

Kito and Luna are getting along great - Just as we thought they would. They play constantly and wear each other out, which is nice. Deuce doesn't care - He lets Kito lay all over him on the couch and nibble his ears. Deegan doesn't really mind him either - Unless he's being a little punk and trying to steal Deegan's stuff.

He's been good with the kittens, a little excited at first, but he's learned quickly that you must be nice and gentle with them, and has been pretty respectful of them in the last few days.

He loves the flirt pole, not so much into tennis balls/fetching (so far), and likes to tug. He is a cuddle-bug, and wants all of your attention all of the time, which is kinda frustrating for him at my house because my attention is so divided between so many dogs. When he escaped the fenced yard, it was to get into the main yard where I was working another dog because he wanted some attention.

He learned his name very quickly, has been really, really good about potty training, and is an all around sweet and goofy little guy. I think he would appreciate a little more on-on-one and a few less dogs to compete for attention with.
JaquelineC

Postby JaquelineC » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:26 am

Update:

The guy came out to meet Ellie last night - Everything went well, but I haven't gotten his application yet, so I'm waiting on that.

The only reason he didn't fill out the application first was that he's the BF of a lady I work with - So she and I arranged the meeting (after she gave me some info), I gave her an application, and he was supposed to bring it with him when he came over to meet Ellie.

They came out to meet Ellie right after he got off of work... Well, I guess that they didn't notice that the application is like 8 pages long (lol) - So I'm getting it from her this morning.

I'm not too stoked about this so far though - He's very nice, and his current APBT looks well taken care of, but my gut says 'Hmm' at this point. We'll see how the application goes...

So, are you interested in fostering Ellie if this potential adopter doesn't work out, Steph?
JaquelineC

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:47 am

Totally a possibility... let me know how it goes....
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby JaquelineC » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:26 pm

I'll let you know how it goes - But I'm pretty much getting the feeling that his application is only going to confirm my gut feeling. I hope not - But that's the feeling I'm getting.

I've read too many sad stories about rescuers not following their gut feelings and having dogs come back one way or another - I'm going to try really hard to trust mine from the start.

Dale (Tankers12) has offered to transport Ellie all the way to your place if you decide to foster her - Isn't that a wonderful offer?

Thank you Dale!

JaquelineC

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:53 pm

this is NOT a yes... but tell me every little thing about her...
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Hondovious » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:08 pm

JaquelineC wrote:I'll let you know how it goes - But I'm pretty much getting the feeling that his application is only going to confirm my gut feeling. I hope not - But that's the feeling I'm getting.

I've read too many sad stories about rescuers not following their gut feelings and having dogs come back one way or another - I'm going to try really hard to trust mine from the start.

Dale (Tankers12) has offered to transport Ellie all the way to your place if you decide to foster her - Isn't that a wonderful offer?

Thank you Dale!

If Steph can't take her... How would Dale feel about a drive to Denver? :) She is soo damn cute.
Hondovious

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:17 pm

If you were serious about ADOPTING her, I would help by making a donation to get her to you... if she came to me it would be as a foster... and it would be some much better for that pup to go into a HOME....
Steph-n-Wolf

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs