URGENT: Bullies in Ontario need help now.

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby pocketpit » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:54 am

I'll gladly take them.
pocketpit

Postby Spurby » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:18 pm

Pocketpit i sent you a PM :) Littlefoot, could you please PM me as well if you heard back from SBT rescue and what you were told? Thanks!

Sam, are you still available for transport???
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Spurby » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:58 pm

Were you able to get them to send you any more pictures? I would love to see them!

I sent you a PM, please check it :) I can call the shelter in the am since i believe they are closed now.
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby pocketpit » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:00 pm

Transport would definately need to be arranged somehow. I just got to spend the day in the dentist's chair and have all my wisdom teeth yanked out. It wasn't planned but had to be done now since one of them was broken in half. There went my extra finances for the pay period!
pocketpit

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:12 pm

I will make a donation... get it all worked out and let me know where/how to get the $$$$ to ya....
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Spurby » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:14 am

Wow, this is great guys! :thumbsup: I'll keep in touch with the situation!
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby sam » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:19 pm

Hey all,
Sorry I just caught up with this post as I'm on the road (currently in Wyoming). I'm heading to BC for the winter, so unfortuneately can not assist with transport. At one point, however, someone from the shelter (can't remember who) offered to help with transport, so perhaps one of the shelter workers would be able to bring them to the airport.

you guys rock!!!
sam
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Laurier » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:40 pm

I can help $$$$ wise with transport for R and J. I don't have a ton to spare but I can help a little bit.

Let me know how to get it to you, mail, paypal etc.?

You guys are awesome!
Laurier

Postby pocketpit » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:19 pm

Yipee, I talked to the shelter staff today and it sounds as though they are willing to let the dogs go to me!! I need to fax them some refrences tomorrow and then it's a matter of paying for their vetting and getting a flight to BC.! Spurby, do you have a local vet that might give a better price on spays or neuters? They quoted me roughly $350 Canadian for Juliet and $200 $250 for Romeo.
pocketpit

Postby Rumpley » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:20 pm

Pocket - Littlefoot contacted us for help with picking up at the airport and getting them to you!!!

We can get them completely vetted for under $100 CDN each (speuter, vaccs, tattoo or microchip) and we can do that no problem, as we're here to help out!!
Rumpley
Bully Ambassador

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:45 pm

Maybe if the appointment is made in advance and the vet calls the shelter...
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Spurby » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:56 pm

Just talked to the shelter, they are willing to let them go without speuter to rescue, Rumpley, can you contact them as well to let them know you have offered to pick them up and have them speutered? I told her this(holly) but they need references of course :) This is a GREAT offer Rumpley and HugaBull!!! :thumbsup: As i just found out that transporting to the states would be harder for the dogs.
As far as donations, i will cover the costs of the shipping myself on this end, but would appreciate some donations going to ontario rescues here :) I am sure Hugabull would like some donations as well to help cover their costs :)

I am trying to get up there to see them, and possibly take some pictures this weekend, i'll keep you posted!!! YAY!!
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Spurby » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:15 pm

littlefoot wrote:I wish I could have done more to help out.

Thank you pocketpit, Rumpley and Spurby for making this happen! And Sam! :bowdown: You guys rock.

WHAT?? without YOU! none of this would be happening!! THANK YOU!!! :bowdown:
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Spurby » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:01 pm

Hey ontario peeps, since i am car less(ok, bad, but i am working on it finally!!) I sure could use some help with transporting these guys! I have been asking aound, but most of my friends aren't really dog people, and it's hard to find someone who can transport 2 dogs, and 2 crates!! I have asked about transport on the rescue list as well, but if anyone here in ontario can help that would be great!! I'll cover the gas, AND Tim Hortons coffee and treats, how could anyone refuse that :) Plus the fact you will get to meet these 2 love birds :inlove:
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby GreddysAngel » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:09 pm

Where in Ontario?!? Im in London. Depending on when I might be able to help. Im directionally challeged though.
GreddysAngel
Addicted to PBF

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs