More Ontario Bullies in need:

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:35 am

Wyatt! SO beautiful!

Man... He really is somthin' else... Unneutered male? Probably wouldn't get along with my group very well (could not find any info if he was good with other dogs or children...)

BEAUTIFUL dog...
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Spurby » Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:48 am

*CROSSPOSTED*

URGENT URGENT URGENT

Since I am already being discriminated against by my municipality, I have no doubt whatsoever that once the province wide ban takes effect I will be made an example of because I have so many Pits and am known as a Pit Bull Rescue.

Because of this, I am currently making arrangments to duck and run with my dogs should the need arise. While the government claims to be Grandfathering existing Pit Bulls, chances are good that they will make it nearly impossible for people who own multiple Pit Bulls to afford to keep them (outrageous licensing fees + heavy insurance policies per dog.)

I have had to take serious stock over the last couple of days as to which dogs I can take with me should the need arise to flee with my dogs and hide in order to keep and protect them. I simply cannot take them all - not only can I not adequately care for them living in hiding - but also, some of them simply would not tolerate that type of lifestyle. (Having been forced out of my home with my dogs once already has taught me which dogs adapt well and which don't.)

With that in mind - SLIM, JUNIOR, STACY, NINA, AND DOZER all have to find homes ASAP. I mean NOW. These dogs will NOT be coming with me if it comes to living on the lam. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
PITCREW RESCUE
http://www.pitbulldogs.org
http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/ON137.html
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby K » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:19 am

Dear God I feel for that woman...she needs some help right now people!!!!
K

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:55 pm

I have mentioned a few times that if needed I could help with a small monetary donation for a dog or dog(s) getting from one place to another. I have been talking to Kirstan about fostering through Bullseye to help relieve some of the stress 'round here... I know that getting dogs from there to here in OR/WA area would be near to unthinkable... but if there is a way and there is help, I am willing to do whatever I can to help, including temp. fostering for the "right" dog(s)... I really feel so angry, sad, and powerless about all of this...

How long do the county pounds, etc. have until no dogs are leaving through the doors? Has that already started?

Oh MAN... all of this...

:sad:
Steph-n-Wolf

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs