URGENT: Bullies in Ontario need help now.

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby Spurby » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:41 pm

The shelter is about an hour north of toronto, no confirmed dates yet, i will try and contact Dawn again tomorrow, some airlines as well, and i would like to talk to Hugabull as well, could you guys please send me a contact # Thanks!
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:22 pm

Can you possibly give me an update on Victor and Ginger? With all of this actual BSL frenzy now, I am really scared for the Pit Bulls in shelter... victer and ginger are both so beautiful... I don't know if any of the rescues here in the states have some fosters that could squeeze a few more in... I would be willing to help in multiple ways...

So scary and so sad...

And I am VERY excited for R & J!
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby pocketpit » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:58 am

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE! This is great! I'm so excited! I only wish there were room for all of them :sad:
pocketpit

Postby pocketpit » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:23 pm

After speaking to the shelter yesterday, I sent in my bio and a couple of letters of reference for them. I also spoke to Spurby who is trying to help make transportation arrangements. Rumpley said she could get them spayed/neutered for a much cheaper rate than the shelter's vet could so we're trying to line everything up. Hopefully they will release them with the promise they'll be speutered and they can be flown out at the end of the month. At least that's what I last heard. Anyone else have more recent news?
pocketpit

Postby Spurby » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:21 am

Well, the shipping costs are much higher than i thought they would be, $600 for both to fly to BC! I will call around, but i will need help for costs if this is the going rate! Has anyone else heard of such high rates like this before??
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby K » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:24 am

You guys are doing great...I am so pleased that you are all pulling together to help R&J ...I am filling up....
K

Postby sam » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:24 pm

If you can find somebody who is flying to BC, the dogs can be added on as "extra luggage." We flew a pit from Bc to Toronto this way for only $45. We posted on Brindleweb and CK9R, and within a couple of days had somebody come forward to fly miss v over.
sam
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Rumpley » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:00 pm

So, I'm supposed to just call this shelter, ask for Holly, and tell her we're vetting these dogs upon their arrival??? I can do that, but just want to ensure that is correct?

Someone else just told me about the $45 thing - Spurby- feel like making a trip here lol
Rumpley
Bully Ambassador

Postby Spurby » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:33 pm

Heck, with these prices, and the crap going onhere, i just might fly out there! Yes Rumpley, please call Holly monday to confirm this, it is a toll free number. I will post around to see if anyone is going to BC from ontario soon. We are also working on getting discounts through the airline, with a possibility of them taking on more dogs, if anyone can confirm taking on any of Pitcrews dogs, please let us know ASAP!
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby violet » Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:00 pm

I can always make room for a dog in a crunch. Any headed this way holler.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby pocketpit » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:14 pm

Rumpley, they should not be suprised when you call. Your organization's name has been tossed around several times already. Heck, I e-mailed them the day before I called and even though I didn't have a response by the time I called, they knew right off the bat who I was lol
pocketpit

Postby barbponys » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:36 pm

Victor and Montana both tug at my heart..............Any word on them Steph?
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby Spurby » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:38 pm

Sorry, i have been sidelined with other issues, been trying to meet with my local MPP about this issue. I also have have other bully people looking into other less expensive ways to ship these two love birds, i will keep you updated when i know something concrete. It will happen!!
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Spurby » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:25 am

Good News!!! Romeo and Juliet are booked to fly outta here on Nov.10th :peace:

I will forward Dawn the flight info as i receive it, all i know as of yet is they are leaving here 7:30am, so the peeps in vancouver will have to be at the airport early! I will PM the details as i get them.

:)
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Rumpley » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:43 am

Are ya kidding me? How early are we talking - some of us have jobs, he, he....

So what time is the flight arriving so I can make sure someone is there to meet these pups? Sounds like it has been booked right?
Rumpley
Bully Ambassador

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs