OK, I just got some preliminary info on 2 APBT’s that are in need of a long-term foster home while their home is being renovated. Here’s what I know…
- 1 male, “Romeo”, 4 years old, neutered – he’s large, approximately 75 lbs.
- 1 female, “Precious”, 3 years old, spayed – she is described as “little”
- Dogs cannot be split up!
- Owner is an elderly woman and her son is trying to get these dogs a long-term/temp place to stay while his mother’s home in the Journal Square area of Jersey City is being remodeled.
- Both dogs are described as “very sweet” but need some basic obedience skills/manners and could use some socialization with other dogs for good measure. For instance, I understand that the male will sit for food but jumps to greet people. They have a yard at their disposal so they could also use some leash training.
- The woman does not want to lose these dogs, so the goal is to place them while the home is being renovated. When the renovations are complete, the son would like to find a live-in companion for his mom that could help her care for these pets.
- We believe the son will assist with costs of their care while being fostered because what he’s looking at doing right now is long-term boarding.
I heard of this situation from a woman who is actively involved with rescue (any breed) and she needs all the help she can get to make this situation turn out for the best – both for dogs and people. I believe she is going to try to get me a picture to post but I’m not sure when that will be.
If anyone has any questions – post them and I will do my best to get you answers. If any rescue pros have helpful suggestions – please post them!