Low cost spay/neutering

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby docdeath » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:13 am

Does anyone know of low cost places in the Detroit area? :)
docdeath
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby mydogroxy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:57 pm

The Liberty Humane Society in Jersey City, NJ has spay/neuter vouchers available for any dog over 45lbs. (when full grown) or any pit bull regardless of size. The dog must be an owned pet to qualify (unfortunately, cannot be part of a rescue/shelter program). We ask for a co-pay of $20 for the vouchers, however this fee can be waived if someone cannot afford it.

THAT'S RIGHT, S/N FOR $20 OR LESS!!

We also offer free pet food and supplies for anyone in need.

http://www.libertyhumane.org
mydogroxy
Bully Ambassador

Postby stillhoneymooning » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:54 am

In Lancaster, PA ORCA (Organization for the Responsible Care of Animals) administers a low cost spay/neuter program.

http://www.volunteersolutions.org/lanca ... 77401.html.

I am awaiting an application from them in the mail to see how much it will cost to spay my foster pup before placing her for adoption. My regular vet wants $250 and I think I'd have trouble covering that with an adoption fee that I'd charge to whomever adopts her.

I'll keep you updated on how much it will cost me through ORCA.

Friends of Animals also has a vet in Palmyra, PA that will do it with the certificate. $90 for a female dog.
stillhoneymooning
Matured Bully

SPCA

Postby TylerBing » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:08 pm

I've looked from start to finish in this thread and didn't see anyone mention SPCA. Am I missing something? I'm just asking, I don't know. I did go to some of the links provided here and made some calls but there wasn't anything available in my area. I started to call local vets. Could not believe the rates on neutering/spaying!
:eek:
So I continued to look online and went to my local SPCA website. I called them up and left a msg for an appointment with them. But I looked further and looked under events. I think the GOD were looking down on me! :bowdown:

They were having an upcoming event: Spay Day and The Pit Stop day. Normally they just charge $70 as long as your dog is current with shot and is reg. If not they will charge you for that. So I ended up paying $0 since my Nikko was current on shots and reg. Its was done on Wed. and he's back to normal, running around.
TylerBing

Postby saturn2 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:27 pm

NATIONWIDE S/N ASSISTANCE

For assistance in locating pit bull specific spay/neuter programs, please check PBRC's spay/neuter page: http://www.pbrc.net/speuter.html

For financial assistance with spaying or neutering a pit bull, please complete a Spay/Neuter Fund Application here: http://www.pbrc.net/fund/ap_neuter.html

Please note: PBRC is unable to pay for surgeries that have already been completed as they are unable to reimburse. All funding must be pre-approved and payment is made directly to the vet clinic.

For those wanting to help fund spay/neuters, please make your donation here: http://www.pbrc.net/donate.html and thank you in advance for your support.
saturn2
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby storminstaffs » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:07 pm

does anyone know of any available in the UK for any type of animals
storminstaffs
Adolescent Bully

Postby bonezmama » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:43 am

does anyone know of a good low cost place in Vegas? my vet wants $350, and right now that is wayyyy too much. I understand the need to fix my boy, but at the same time, i'd rather not pay that much. truthfully, i see how frustrsted he's getting, so if i have to pay it i willl, but that's a pretty penny.
bonezmama
Adolescent Bully

Postby saturn2 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:53 am

bonezmama wrote:does anyone know of a good low cost place in Vegas? ...

Here's a FREE option for the Vegas area:

http://www.hcws.org/programs/itsthepits.asp

Every day in the Las Vegas area, 15 Pit Bulls are destroyed. It's a pity.... The only way to counteract this huge overpopulation problem is to spay/neuter and prevent the births to begin with. That's why we created
It's the Pits, our free spay/neuter program for Pit Bulls and Pit Mixes. Last year we fixed 200 Pits. Call us at 227-5555 to see if you qualify for a free fix.
saturn2
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby bonezmama » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:46 pm

they no longer offer free spay/ neuters, I called today and was told that it is a $100 donation, so i'm still gonna go with them seeing that it's $250 cheaper than my vet. Thanks for the link tho'.[/quote]
bonezmama
Adolescent Bully

Postby saturn2 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:25 pm

bonezmama wrote:they no longer offer free spay/ neuters, I called today and was told that it is a $100 donation, so i'm still gonna go with them seeing that it's $250 cheaper than my vet. Thanks for the link tho'.

Wow. That must have been a recent decision because I know of a pit bull that was altered through them just in the last couple of weeks.

I'm still glad that it's less expensive than your vet. :)

You might also try contacting the following possible low-cost resources:

Agee Memorial Wildlife Fund
Las Vegas NV
702-254-3485

Low Cost Spay and Neuter Clinic
Animal Foundation
Las Vegas, NV
702-384-3333

Las Vegas Valley Humane Society
Las Vegas NV
702-434-20009
Web: www.lvvhumane.org
Low cost spay/neuter clinic for pets and ferals.

Sharon~
saturn2
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby bonezmama » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:42 pm

thanks for the added info, I don't know how or when they started the "donation" thing, but that's what I was told. I'm on some sort of waiting list now, and that sucks because Bonez is getting frustrated. He keeps trying to hump my pom/ chihuahua mix and she ain't havin that.
bonezmama
Adolescent Bully

Postby Meaghan Edwards » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:52 pm

storminstaffs wrote:does anyone know of any available in the UK for any type of animals

Try this:

http://www.all-creatures.org/pup/index.html
Meaghan Edwards
Addicted to PBF

Postby bonezmama » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:48 am

Just an update on the whole free spay/neuter program talked about earlier. They do offer free services, however, I do not live in their "target" area......in other words, because i live in a predominantly upper class area of Las Vegas, their words not mine, I do not qualify for the free or even the low cost program. Sucks for me, but hey it's still cheaper than my vet so who cares!!!!!!
bonezmama
Adolescent Bully

orange county spay cheap?

Postby ilovelucy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:58 pm

does anyone know a place in orange county where they spay puppies for cheap or free? i called a couple of places and they said it was around 300. please let me know asap.

thank you!
ilovelucy

Re: orange county spay cheap?

Postby saturn2 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:06 pm

ilovelucy wrote:does anyone know a place in orange county where they spay puppies for cheap or free? i called a couple of places and they said it was around 300. please let me know asap.

thank you!

You don't mention exactly where you are located but you might try this resource:

FREE SPAY / NEUTER PROGRAM

The Animal Services Section has partnered with the Santa Ana Friends for the Animals (SAFA), a non-profit organization, to address animal issues within the City of Santa Ana. One of the programs jointly offered is the Spay/Neuter program, offered free of charge to local residents.

To participate, complete the Voucher Application and return to the Santa Ana Friends for the Animals via one of these methods:

In Person: Santa Ana Police Department

60 Civic Center Plaza
Santa Ana, CA 92701
Monday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Ask for Animal Services at the front lobby. Voucher will be issued at that time.

By Mail: SAFA
c/o Santa Ana Police Department
Attention: Voucher Program
60 Civic Center Plaza
Santa Ana, CA 92701

Send the signed application (one for each animal). Voucher will be mailed to you or can be picked up at the Santa Ana Police Department.

By Fax: Fax a signed application to (714) 245-8550. Voucher will be mailed to you or can be picked up at the Santa Ana Police Department.

Online: www.saffta.org

If you have any questions about this program , please call (714) 245-8727.

PM me if this doesn't work for you and I can find something based on your location. :)

~Sharon
saturn2
Bully Lover 4 Life

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues