Monte needs help - American Bulldog people???

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby caped dog » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:36 pm

Ship the dog! You'll need very recent health certificate, and ask around about sedatives or use some homeopathic stuff. They'll likely have very strict requirements about type of kennel and food/water attachements to kennel... and since you'll never see kennel again make sure to add that into the overall cost of this endeavor. Or at least the cost of shipping it back to you. If I was to ship a critter I'd do a back up on the kennel door with a cable lock (if Delta will allow it) ...just a gauge metal with plastic sheeth (think cable dog run) anchored together with a U-type bolt or combination lock you can tell the recipient in advance. One concern would be if he were to wriggle out and what yahoo might hurt him getting him back in. He is alright in a crate, correct...?
caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:45 pm

Flying would be so mcuh quicker and less stressful for him if it can be aranged...
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Kirstan » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:26 pm

Yes, still checking on nonstop flights - the holdover/switch worries me. He's 90# in a 35# crate. My little female at 42# completely wrecked a crate in less than 5 minutes. My male, who does know to crate, pulled the door off a vari-kennel in about 5 seconds when I walked away and he decided he needed to come with me at an agility fun run.

I have all the other stuff - would prefer a metal crate for sure. Not wire, metal. Anyone? ha!

I'm checking with my holistic vet to see what she can come up with to give him before he ships - that's a scary thing to ship. I will cable him and clip it shut since they don't allow locks. GOD, I hope no thugs steal him... I know it happens. It would be my luck that he get stolen in SLC. He's chipped now.

Oh - I hate this! It worries me so!

Thanks for the suggestions though - I may be back for donations if we get this booked! Thanks again all! k.
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:37 pm

Ask Diane Jessup about the metel crate... I know that she was looking for one not too long ago and may know where you can find one....
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby aaron kahn » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:34 pm

i met Monte today at Anne's shop... very sweet dog! He is going to San Diego?

good job!
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby Kirstan » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:45 pm

Well, so far. Op K9 will, most likely, have a place for him next week so I'll contact Halina and see what the deal is - do you know anything different?

k.
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Previous

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs