PLEASE HELP THESE DOGS!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

PLEASE HELP THESE DOGS!

Postby mydogroxy » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:41 pm

we have some amazing pitties here at the shelter right now, but NO ONE is willing to adopt them. these are really stellar dogs with rock solid-temperments, but because they're pits, no one give them a chance.
this is sweet-tart. she's a female pit around 1 year old. she has a good amount of scarring on her face and legs, so she's probably been fought. she doesn't get along with cats either, so she'd probably do best in a one pet household. she's sweet though and has taken to carrying a stuffed dog around that looks just like her.
this is kennedy. she just came to the shelter earlier this week. she's very nervous here and is currently pretty withdrawn. she seems to have a good temperment though. no aggression at this point and i had her with me earlier in the week, away from the kennel and she just wanted to be cuddled the whole time. she's really good looking too, a little on the larger side, but she has this crazy red cow print going on.
this is bel air. he's a male pit mix, somehwere between 2-3 years old. bel air's been here for a good month, so it's time for him to find a home. he's super friendly and very outgoing. he does need some obedience because he can be a little pushy sometimes. he's also not housebroken unfortunately, but he is a doll. his coloring is gorgeous too!
this is trisket. she's a female 1 1/2year old pit mix. she came to the shelter with a group of 9 pits that were found in an abandoned building where they were being kept and fought. out of the whole group, she and one other were the only sound dogs. she's obviously been abused as she's extremely hand shy and constantly rolls on her back showing submission. she rarely barks, but constantly snorts like a pig. she really gets going when she's happy too! she's a couch potato and probably wouldn't require tons of excersize. i'd love to take her myself.
mary jane is my personal favorite. i absolutely love this dog. i considerred taking her (and still do everyday) but i don't think two pits, one who's very dog aggressive would be a smart idea in a small 1bdrm place. she's very playful and smart. she knows basic commands and responds well to correction. she LOVES kids and most dogs, but tries to go after cats. her former owners were leaving her home 14 hours a day, often letting her run loose because she does have mild seperation anxiety. please help this girl, she really deserves a good home.
mydogroxy
Bully Ambassador

Postby X-girl » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:36 pm

They are all so sweet! Poor shelter-babies. Image
X-girl
Regulator

Postby mydogroxy » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:29 am

liberty animal shelter in jersey city.

i am glad to report that trisket was accepted by a local rescue that puts the dog through a whole program (obedience, etc.) before placing them. and my girl mary jane found a wonderful new family that fell in love with her and took her home just yesterday! bel air was also adopted by a great couple from the area!
mydogroxy
Bully Ambassador

Postby X-girl » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:32 am

mydogroxy wrote:liberty animal shelter in jersey city.

i am glad to report that trisket was accepted by a local rescue that puts the dog through a whole program (obedience, etc.) before placing them. and my girl mary jane found a wonderful new family that fell in love with her and took her home just yesterday! bel air was also adopted by a great couple from the area!

:yay:
X-girl
Regulator

Postby mydogroxy » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:33 pm

Thats awesome news! Now for the rest?

we're still working on them, although it doesn't look very promising. it's become apparent that sweet tart has a high prey drive and a high level of dog aggression. unfortunately we rarely see the kind of adopter willing and responsible enough to handle a dog like this. i dare say many of the people on this board would easily have no problem with her, but your average dog owner might not be willing to work with her.

kennedy has shown no problems, she just doesn't seem to be coming out of her shell very much. she responds well to me, but is still pretty withdrawn.

who knows....
mydogroxy
Bully Ambassador

Postby dbrat368 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:49 am

mydogroxy wrote:liberty animal shelter in jersey city

Hey!! Amber is in the calender "The Unexpected Pit Bull" for your shelter.
Have you seen the calenders yet? We just got them in on Sunday.

Hope your shelter Pitties get great homes!!
:)) Diana
dbrat368

Postby PitBullPride » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:48 am

YaY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheerleader: :cheers: :clap :shakeit:
PitBullPride

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs