Ontario shelters not adopting out???

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Ontario shelters not adopting out???

Postby Rumpley » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:51 pm

I was just e-mailed from someone in Ontario wanting to adopt one of our dogs in BC!!

She told me that she had tried local shelters there (as that's what I recommended as those dogs are certainly more urgent than ours..) and she said that the shelters have put a "moratorium" starting now on pit bull adoptions, even though the legislation hasn't been passed.

Do any easterners know if that's true or is this girl just being turned down? I could see the shelters doing this as obviously in a month, the dogs are going to be practically illegal anyways.... :roll:
Rumpley
Bully Ambassador

Postby Spurby » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:48 pm

The only shelter where they are not adopting out(where there is no ban) is toronto animal services. The toronto humane society is, as well as many others. Do you know which shelter she tried adopting from?
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby GreddysAngel » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:32 pm

wow thats horrible. Im so glad that no one brought angel to a shelter and we have her instead. that is horrible news
GreddysAngel
Addicted to PBF

Postby nathan » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:34 pm

I don't know what shelter she's talking to but they are still adopting, nothing has changed unless the shelter has stopped adopting out pits for their own reasons.
nathan

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs