another pitbull in Seattle needs help... *update*

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

another pitbull in Seattle needs help... *update*

Postby aaron kahn » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:29 am

I found this dog on CraigsList today, Tuesday. The lady had a long sob story, but the bottom line is that this dog needs a home! Cinnamon is approx. one year old, with limited known history. I was told that the womans kids had taken the dog "for a few weeks" three or four months ago, and they are now moving.

The lady said that she knew very little about the dog, other than she is "very sweet"- but "kinda timid". One kid was ther when I went to take photos, and he said that "she doesn't like other dogs", and that "she was trained to fight". She warmed up to me in about 20 seconds, and was happy to get some head rubs and lay on my feet. She seemed fat and unscarred... (I saw no sign of fighting)

We have a male and female pit, and can't take in an unknown dog for a unknown period of time right now.

Anyone want to help?

OK- how do I get this photo to post???
Last edited by aaron kahn on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby BloodyRedrum » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:54 am

you posted a website, if you want the image to show, take each pics seperatly

BloodyRedrum

Postby aaron kahn » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:56 am

thank you! can you *please* type out what it should look like, so I can learn...

thanks,
aaron
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:57 am

It is a shame that she is not dog friendly... i would consider it otherwise... VERY beautiful dog!
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby BloodyRedrum » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:59 am

What you do is right click the image in your website and select properties.
You copy the location (should be something like http://www.url.com/something/something/dog.jpeg)
then you put [img]at%20the%20beginning%20and[/img] at the end.
Should look like
Code: Select all
[img]http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL520/2718833/5438764/70260867.jpg[/img]
BloodyRedrum

Postby aaron kahn » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:04 am

bloody- thanks!

steph- i don't know what is true about this dog... but i'm not in a place to experiment right now. if it was only a week, i could make do! if you want me to test her, i *may* be able to.

i feel (hope) that this may be a great dog, but will need some time/work to get there- which i don't have for a couple months!

aaron
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby aaron kahn » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:23 pm

i will be paying to have this dog spayed, micro-chipped, and UTD on shots. this will be happening Monday, 10/25.

anyone interested???!
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby aaron kahn » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:22 pm

i'm not confident that anything i've been told about her is accurate- she may be OK with dogs... i just don't have the time/situation right now to work with her.

she just needs to get out of where she is!
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby aaron kahn » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:31 pm

Cinnamon was dropped off at the vet for her spay this AM, so if anyone wants to help this dog find a permanent home, or can foster her- she will be UTD on shots, micro-chipped, and spayed.

Thanks to Anne (Pitbull Project) for scheduling a lower cost vet visit, and thanks to my friend (Lefty's "mom") for offering to help pay! At least Cinnamon won't be having puppies!!!

cheers,
aaron
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:51 pm

YAY!!!

Thank you so much for helping that dog! Thanks to you and to all who are involved for doing such an awesome bit of service work!

Best luck and good wishes to the pupa nd to all involved.....
Steph-n-Wolf

TRAINED TO FIGHT!

Postby runaroundrachel » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:53 pm

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE WHO TRAIN TO FIGHT!?!?!? I want to put them in a pit and watch them fight each other.... that way they see... these dogs are SOOOO NOT fighters... The only commands my baby knows is "give smooches" :)

PS, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DOGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
runaroundrachel

Postby aaron kahn » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:34 pm

again, all information that i heard aobut this dog, i question... the mom and son who i met seemed to care about Cinnamon, but none of their info seemed real solid. It could mean that some kids tried to get her to fight a puppy for all i know! She has no obvious scarring, so I don't think any "real" fighting is in her past.
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby KimberlyGeorge26 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:03 pm

I wish she was good with other dogs, I would love to take her, permanently! She is beautiful.
KimberlyGeorge26

Postby aaron kahn » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:00 pm

I had a call from Cinnamons "owner" today- she has her spay stitches out, and is ready for a home!!!

-anyone...hellooooo???-

The lady said that she, and her kids/grandkids, have been taking this dog for some walks- trying to get her better with dogs. It doesn't sound to me, on the phone, that this dog is *too* dog-aggro- more unfamiliar...

ahhh- who knows!!!

If anyone can help, she is a nice pit!
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs