Beautiful young abandoned gal on West coast

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Beautiful young abandoned gal on West coast

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:31 pm

I will update this post and give pictures tomorrow when I go see her at the vet's office...

There is a beautful tan and white female Pit Bull that is in need of long term responsible foster care and/or a forever home. She was abandoned at a vet clinic here in Eugene, Oregon. She has been treated for the medical results of neglect, and is doing wonderfully. She is 4 months old, UTD on vaccinations, healthy, flea, etc. treated, and will be spayed next week. She gets along super with dogs and cats, and is a total mush with people. She is an all around great and sound Pit Bull that needs another chance at the world, with loving and responsible humans this time!

The vet clinic that she is currently living at is Eugene Animal Hospital. Their phone # is (541) 342-1178. I can also be reached at (541) 343-1810 or by e-mail at wolffamily@peak.org

The vet that has taken personal interest in this pup is named Laura Johnson. She is taking her home tomorrow and will foster her until someone else is able to help or the pups forever home is found. Anyone that feels inclined to call and thank this vet for her willingness to do whatever she can to help is totally encouraged to do so! :))

This pup is available RIGHT NOW, and can be adopted by an out of state home if it were the "right" one.

Any PNW rescues willing to help? Anyone with a petfinder or similar site willing to do a listing? Any fosters have space?

Thanks everyone!
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:49 pm

I saw the rescued Pit Bull pup at the vet office when I went to get Rosie. They are calling her lola.... She is an amazing dog! I fell in love with her right away! She is very mellow, but also very attentive. She came right up and sat on my feet. The whole time that I was with her part of her was touching part of me. You ahve no idea how badly I wanted to take her home!

She has the most beautiful dark red and white patterns, and soft saffire eyes. This is one great-looking dog! She is everything that I would want in another dog if I were able to take one.

The vet took her home last night, and she was wonderful with her house manners and did great with the cats.

She will be spayed next week.

Please, if anyone can help, let me know. She is spending all day in a small kennel at the vets office and most of the evening and night in a kennel at the vet's home. It beats where she came from of course, but this gal needs a home.

Thanks....

I am going back again tomorrow to take pictures.
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Rumpley » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:12 am

I'm confused here? Didn't you Steph-n-wolf say you were considering fostering anyways? If she is this nice, why not go for it?!?!?
Rumpley
Bully Ambassador

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:22 am

Had this happened a week ago, I would have taken her home in half a heart beat....

However I have a little 12 week old pup here now in foster. If he were a healthy pup, I would would try to make it work... but the puppers has mange, is under weight, has a staff infection, and possibly the starts of kennel cough :sad: Due to being sick like this we have not done vaccinations yet for him, either. The pup at the vet clinic is under weight and still recovering from neglect. She is totally in the clear at this point, but would require that extra bit of attention as well.

You know, all of this in included, I tried hard to think of a way to bring her home. She really is an amazing gal... She totally blew me away with her personality and great looks....

The vet has already done vaccinations with Lola, treated her for dehydration, did a minor surgery to correct a problem with the back leg, and is doing her spay next week. She has been treated for fleas, worms, and mites, and is HW neg.

If I could make it work and believed that I would not be a disservice to the animals I have now by taking on another responsibility, she would be in my lap right now. I am serious when I say that if I close my eyes and think of the "perfect' Pit Bull that I would want to own, she would pop into mind. ... WONDERFUL little dog....
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Rumpley » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:47 am

Oh, I get it now..thanks Steph. I guess we're luckier up here - we RARELY ever get pit puppies in the shelters. We only get the 2 year old, messed up ones that no one ever bothered to train or socialize... :roll:
Rumpley
Bully Ambassador

Postby aceofspades » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:01 pm

I know of a group that will do a courtesy post for you on Petfinder. She specializes in Bully Breeds. Try and give her a ring: RDEMCOWGRL@AOL.COM
Her organization is RUFF (Rescuing Unwanted Friendly Fidos)
Also maybe Laws 4 Paws, Joe D'Amico = http://www.laws4paws.org/

Hope this helps.
aceofspades

Postby pocketpit » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:19 am

The group I work with would happily also do a curtesy listing on petfinder for you. Just PM with details and at least one picture. As I'm screening homes for my male Radar, I'll keep her in mind and if I get anyone spectacular or worthy that would be interested I'll send them your way!
pocketpit

pictures???

Postby runaroundrachel » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:48 pm

My brother is in the process of rescuing a pittie.... dumb ass owners had another child and "have" to "give up" their dog.... lamest excuse ever... I would give up my arm before i gave up slappy...

Anyway.... if this doggie doesnt work out, I would be very interested in talking with someone about this doggie!

Please let me know

runaroundrachel@Yahoo.com

Thanks,

Rachel
runaroundrachel

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:58 pm

Please let me know if there are any interested responsible homes... I will follow through!
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby aaron kahn » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:26 pm

hey steph-

where are the pics?!!!

i hope all is going as well as possible with the pup!
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:31 pm

Sanya (Motodiva) and I are going tomorrow to take pictures! :))
Steph-n-Wolf

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs