APBT in NJ needs home or foster

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

APBT in NJ needs home or foster

Postby dbrat368 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:46 pm

Hi,
Im posting this for the receptionist at my vets office. Her family is moving into an apt and the building does not allow pets. She owns a beautiful fawn male. He is 2yrs old, his name is Zeus and he is UTD on all his shots. He will be neutered this coming monday morning. Hes excellent around adults and children but is animal aggressive. He does however get along with some female dogs. If anyone in NJ is interested in adopting or fostering please PM me. I'd foster him myself if we didnt already have the pups.
Thanks! :thumbsup:

This is his pic:
If you have any problems viewing his pics, you can view them on :
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2936195093
dbrat368

Postby X-girl » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:03 am

Zeus is a beauty! I wish I was ready to foster!! :sad:

Why didn't they try to find a place that allows him, if you don't mind me asking? Was there some sort of urgent need to move? (This just makes me so sad.)
X-girl
Regulator

Postby dbrat368 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:11 am

He is gorgeous and very sweet.
Im not really sure about the owners situation I think her family just couldnt find a place where they would accept dogs. He is being boarded at the vets office right now but wont be able to stay there too long. His owner is completely heartbroken that she cant keep him.
dbrat368

Postby dopeychristy » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:36 am

dbrat368 wrote:He is gorgeous and very sweet.
Im not really sure about the owners situation I think her family just couldnt find a place where they would accept dogs. He is being boarded at the vets office right now but wont be able to stay there too long. His owner is completely heartbroken that she cant keep him.

I apologize for saying this but I have no sympathy for the owner at all and quite franky I am glad she is heart broken (if she is). Some of us would live in a tent on a campground before we would abandon our dog/dogs. The dog is living in a kennel at the vets office and SHE is heartbroken? I can only imagine how heart broken the poor dog is. :crybaby:

I realize you are not to blame and that you are just trying to help so please forgive me if I sound rude.
dopeychristy

Postby X-girl » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:20 pm

I agree with Christy 100%. And, dbrat, I am DEFINITELY not coming down on you - you are helping and that is great of you. I'm glad the dog has someone looking out for him.

I have 2 excuses that I cannot tolerate hearing for someone giving up a pet...
1. "We're moving and the apt. doesn't allow dogs."
2. "We're going to have a baby."
Both just make me want to Image

My apt. situation is tenuous at best and I would quit my job and move back to PA before Lola was given up. My life here just isn't that grand so it would be harder to give her up than to hold onto what I have without her.

Poor Zeus, I will see if there is anyone out there I know that can help him out. What part of NJ is he in?
X-girl
Regulator

Postby dbrat368 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:22 am

X-girl wrote:I agree with Christy 100%. And, dbrat, I am DEFINITELY not coming down on you - you are helping and that is great of you. I'm glad the dog has someone looking out for him.

I have 2 excuses that I cannot tolerate hearing for someone giving up a pet...
1. "We're moving and the apt. doesn't allow dogs."
2. "We're going to have a baby."
Both just make me want to Image

My apt. situation is tenuous at best and I would quit my job and move back to PA before Lola was given up. My life here just isn't that grand so it would be harder to give her up than to hold onto what I have without her.

Poor Zeus, I will see if there is anyone out there I know that can help him out. What part of NJ is he in?

I feel the same way so no offense taken. Im not sure though, whether her family is moving and she just doesnt have the money to get her own place (shes about18-19yrs old), or what. My main concern is that this sweet guy gets a loving home and does not end up in the wrong hands.
We are located in Bloomfield, NJ. Please pm me if you know of anyone that can at least foster him.

meredeth... you would DIE if you heard some of the excuses that people come up with when they want to abandon their pets.

Jeff and I volunteer at the local shelter and through the years we have heard all the lame excuses as well. A few that I cant believe but still hear all the time are:

He/she has cancer, or other serious illness- Nice, give up your dog when he needs you the most- a sign of true love & loyalty.

Giving up a dog they have had for 9-12yrs and turning around and wanting to adopt a puppy- Yeah right we'll adopt another dog to you so you can abandon him too, when he gets too old for you. Get the hell outta here!!!

My new boyfriend/girlfriend hates him/her- Its not the dog you should be getting rid of...

bringing in a large breed, saying "he/she's too big- Are they for real????

He/she pulls too much on the leash-Ever heard of a dog trainer??!!!

I have to add though, as many lame excuses we hear, there are some people who must give up their dogs that just cant help the situation they are placed in and do care where their dog is placed.
dbrat368

Postby X-girl » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:47 am

I am very familiar with Bloomfield. A friend I lost touch with recently is actually the Mayor's daughter! lol I will rack my brain to see if I can think of anyone to help this beautiful dog out. I wish that I could myself, believe me!

As far as those excuses you guys in rescue hear...I wouldn't last a week before I hurt somebody. Image

You guys are saints! Image
X-girl
Regulator

Postby Dsmman » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:42 am

dbrat368, I would be interested in fostering Zeus. I am located in South Jersey. Please contact me VIA PM or email: redpowereddsm@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Keith :)

Edit: I just noticed that he is dog agressive. That might not go over too well with my other three Pits. :sad:
Last edited by Dsmman on Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dsmman

Postby X-girl » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:48 am

:pray
X-girl
Regulator

Postby dbrat368 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:31 pm

Dsmman wrote:dbrat368, I would be interested in fostering Zeus. I am located in South Jersey. Please contact me VIA PM or email: redpowereddsm@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Edit: I just noticed that he is dog agressive. That might not go over too well with my other three Pits. :sad:

Thanks for the offer! If you know anyone who is responsible and bully experienced that is willing to foster or adopt in the tri-state area please feel free to pass on my email: dbrat368@yahoo.com Thanks again!!!
dbrat368

Postby Dsmman » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:14 am

I'm going to talk to a friend who fosters sometimes. I'll get back to you if she can take him.
Dsmman

Postby dbrat368 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:15 am

Zeus might have a home !!! A friend of the owners family might take him. We will know for sure by Saturday. Ill post an update as soon as I find out.
dbrat368

Postby Dsmman » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:07 am

I hope he gets a good home. He's an awsome looking dog. 8)
Dsmman

Postby blover27 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:12 am

dbrat368 wrote:
Dsmman wrote:dbrat368, I would be interested in fostering Zeus. I am located in South Jersey. Please contact me VIA PM or email: redpowereddsm@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Thanks for the offer! If you know anyone who is responsible and bully experienced that is willing to foster or adopt in the tri-state area please feel free to pass on my email: dbrat368@yahoo.com Thanks again!!!

i was gonna consider it too cause bloomfield isnt that far but being dog aggressive wouldnt fly...sorry....good luck!
blover27

Postby dbrat368 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:09 am

Hi blover, We do have a pregnant female that I just posted today, and she gets along with other dogs. She about 8 months old. Would it be possible for you to foster her?
dbrat368

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs